Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enlarging Easel what is the best

Re: Enlarging Easel what is the best

I think what you mean is that my figurative emphasis about easels motivated your irrelevant public expression of grief. I think you understand that the irrelevance doesn't take away from my sympathy for your tragic loss, nor does it change my opinion about the thread drift.

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    I think what you mean is that my figurative emphasis about easels motivated your irrelevant public expression of grief. I think you understand that the irrelevance doesn't take away from my sympathy for your tragic loss, nor does it change my opinion about the thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    Moderators will not agree, but I've always thought that "threads" were really little conversations, rather than single-topic mini-seminars seminars. The best conversations seem to drift from one interesting topic to the next, circling back, and drifting again.

--Darin

I have never seen Dunco or Keinzle easels which I think are both more common in Europe. They rarely come up for sale here used but they draw a lot of positive comments.

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Enlarging Easel what is the best one to use
    Beseler Universal 4-Blade and 2-Blade types or the Ganz Speed EZ-EL
    Or other types not list here.

Dave
    4 blade is most versatile if you want just one easel. But who has just one?

Salt Hill, if you can find one and if by best you mean sturdy, precise, solid, well-built, etc. But there are others that do just fine and that are a lot easier to find.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Saunders V-track for me. easy to adjust correctly, it just works. don't have to think about it.

The Kaiser.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	109385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	109386

This is what I use. I don't remember where I got it. Probably B&H a while ago. It's worked well for me so far. It's very similar to what I used in school so it's what I felt comfortable getting.

I can see why some people mentioned that the image might not always be square. You have to be careful with how you adjust the size, but I haven't had a problem. Just lift the blade section and THEN adjust.

It has spots for 5x7 paper all the way up to (I'll guess) 11x14, plus a weighted border so you can print a full 11x14, but not quite borderless.

Edit, actually, I think it's 14x17 max. That's probably why the model is "DX1417."
    I'm armed with a Wisner 4x5 Technical Field and a lot of hope. I got this. Oh, and my name's Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Salt Hill, if you can find one and if by best you mean sturdy, precise, solid, well-built, etc. But there are others that do just fine and that are a lot easier to find.
    There is one on the sale board now--the guy's been trying to sell it with no luck. Hard to find, I've never used one but I've heard they are built to last forever...

--Darin