Thread: Century Universal Question.

Century Universal Question.

Minor dumb question. Does someone have dimension information for the CU's lens board. Specifically the taper of the front lip.
    Side question what camera took the same 6 inch square board but had no taper to the front lip.

Re: Century Universal Question.

I currently have a Century Universal 8x10 and used to have a Kodak 2D. Both took the same 6" square wooden boards. The OEM lens boards have the bevel on the bottom lip that you refer to, but I have made numerous homemade boards without the bevel and they work just fine. In other words, I don't think the bevel (or taper) is a make-or-break proposition with these cameras.

Jonathan

The bevel is only needed for a tight fitting board. I put that bevel in using a regular wood file. Eye'd at 45 degrees for almost half the width of the edge. It's far from critical. I did have one board, maybe from my B&J that wouldn't quite fit without the bevel. Took about a minute to fix it It's really just there so the board can be angled in, obviously starting with the bottom edge...

Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV View Post
    I put that bevel in using a regular wood file. Eye'd at 45 degrees for almost half the width of the edge.
    I did the same but with some medium grit sandpaper when I felt it was necessary.

J.