Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod 54

Mod 54

I would suggest to users of the MOD 54 a little trick.When you have loaded the sheets,you must sorround it with a little rubber band.
    This help to keep the sheets in correct position also with vigorous agitation.I remove the band for washing.Elementary Watson!

Re: Mod 54

The secret, for me anyway, is to use even, non-aggressive agitation and MOST IMPORTANTLY, pour liquids out evenly and not super quick. Never had problems using these methods.

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Quote Originally Posted by ScottPhotoCo View Post
    The secret, for me anyway, is to use even, non-aggressive agitation and MOST IMPORTANTLY, pour liquids out evenly and not super quick. Never had problems using these methods.

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co
    +1

I use today Yankee works great but it takes 64 oz to fill the tank. I am thinking of making a film holder for a 30 oz tank so do not have make a 1/2 gal of Chemicals

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    I use today Yankee works great but it takes 64 oz to fill the tank. I am thinking of making a film holder for a 30 oz tank so do not have make a 1/2 gal of Chemicals

Dave
    If the Yankee had a good seal on the top I would use it and simply fill the space with a weight so I could use less developer. I have one too, but those lids leak like a sieve

I use an HP Combi that I found at a camera swap meet. It only uses 30+ ounces of chemistry to process up to 6 sheets of 4x5. I really like it for small processing runs.

When I want to process 12 sheets of film or so, I use Kodak #4A stainless steel racks. For processing tanks I use 106 ounce plastic tubs that I found at the dollar store. To keep the racks from splaying out I use a large rubber band with no problems at all.

The seal is a down side but the big one for me is I do not take a lot of 4x5 I have to make 1/2 gal developer. Most of the time I have 32 oz mix.
    Yes I may try to fill the space.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    If the Yankee had a good seal on the top I would use it and simply fill the space with a weight so I could use less developer. I have one too, but those lids leak like a sieve

The seal is a down side but the big one for me is I do not take a lot of 4x5 I have to make 1/2 gal developer. Most of the time I have 32 oz mix.
    Yes I may try to fill the space.

Dave
    Ahhh I had to pull out my conversion app haha,

Why aren't you working in metric numbers?

Anyway so you're saying you need to mix 2 packets at a time to make the half gallon? Hmm yes that could be annoying, I only used my Yankee tank about 2 times and said "forget this!" And went and got a MOD54. Someday I hope to buy an expert drum from JOBO and be done with it.

They both work for me
    1 qt is just over 1 lt
    1 gal is just over 4 lt or 3.784 lt
    Try this for rule of thumb 1 meter is almost 40" or 39.37"
    and 1" is 25.4mm
    I have had to work with both all my life and most here uses the US standard FYI I think USA and may one other country uses this system.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ahhh I had to pull out my conversion app haha,

Why aren't you working in metric numbers?

Anyway so you're saying you need to mix 2 packets at a time to make the half gallon? Hmm yes that could be annoying, I only used my Yankee tank about 2 times and said "forget this!" And went and got a MOD54. Someday I hope to buy an expert drum from JOBO and be done with it.

They both work for me
    1 qt is just over 1 lt
    1 gal is just over 4 lt or 3.784 lt
    Try this for rule of thumb 1 meter is almost 40" or 39.37"
    and 1" is 25.4mm
    I have had to work with both all my life and most here uses the US standard FYI I think USA and may one other country uses this system.

Dave
    I live in CT, USA and I have never understood the American system, but with chemistry it's universally been the metric system, even in America, and this is chemistry, only kodak seems to have not quite gotten that right away but most other chemistry amounts are in metric. I guess since I don't use kodak chemicals (except HC-110 I've used) I never bothered to think in American measures, maybe that's why I get confused and don't want to try D-76 becsuse it's not really convertible to metric without watering down the mixture to 4L but that makes the developer significantly weaker.

Anyway thanks for the info.