Thread: Beseler Minolta 45a manual

Beseler Minolta 45a manual

I was wondering if perhaps anyone had a copy of the Beseler/Minolta 45a color head manual in a pdf they wouldn't mind sharing. I have one that I am curious to try, but frankly I am not even sure how to turn on the focus tube. I realize there are copies on the 'bay and at ColorBAT, but I would love to try to fire it up and try it this weekend. Thanks in advance for any assistance and advice on this unit.

-Bruce

Re: Beseler Minolta 45a manual

I have them all including the service manual. i have them posted online as a zip file. Check some of my old postings or I can look it up if need be, but the url should still be valid. These are great colorheads, Imnsho. I have at least 6 of them.

Thank you, Ed. I found your zip file in an APUG post and was able to download it.

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~eme39/beseler_45A_manual.zip

Thank you for making it available.

-Bruce

Ed, I have one of these as well and it is a great head. I have to ask, where are you able to find replacement tubes?
    al

Quote Originally Posted by al olson View Post
    Ed, I have one of these as well and it is a great head. I have to ask, where are you able to find replacement tubes?
    I have a set of brand new flashtubes if needed. u can email at lm@maestrolucian.com if interested or find contact at my website maestrolucian.com

usually ebay or places like that are the sources for tubes. Maybe old camera stores if any are in your area. They last a pretty good while. It's also cheaper to buy an entire spare head, just for the tubes, than it is to buy the tubes separately. I have 6 of these units now, following that method. ;-P plenty of spares!