Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Security Measures at B&H

Re: New Security Measures at B&H

The UPS guy and all my nerdy photo/electronics friends know exactly what B.H. is when a box comes wrapped that way. Someone asked me if there was a DSLR in the box.. No just some film...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Just FYI received a package from B&H today, it does seem that they have changed their tape that they use on the boxes, it's certainly not read anymore, and it doesn't have the big giant BH photo label on the tape, it's now a standard black tape, it still says BH which if you are in the know and are looking for it, it would still be something that would catch your eye, but it's certainly not as blatantly obvious as the red logo colored tape.

Attachment 109331
    That's the standard tape we've been using for several years now. Nothing new.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

So Henry, why the same day pick-up restriction? UPS attempted to deliver an order to my home at 9:32 this morning and when I called to arrange a pick-up they said the shipper has a restriction on same day pick-up. I can pick-it up tomorrow.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    That's the standard tape we've been using for several years now. Nothing new.
    BS... I had a bunch of shipments late last year with the maroon test color tape ... Gah, well, it doesn't matter, it's better than it was, but still obvious. Make it blank...

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    So Henry, why the same day pick-up restriction?
    To deter piracy. Despite UPS's assurance they demand ID before releasing a package they sometimes do not. If some local pirate spots their easily recognizable "we missed you" tag on your door, they could too easily grab it and grab your package before you even discover the tag was left in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    BS... I had a bunch of shipments late last year with the maroon test color tape ... Gah, well, it doesn't matter, it's better than it was, but still obvious. Make it blank...
    If you received a package from B&H with ANY other tape the package was opened and resealed after it left our hands.