Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5x7 Darkroom

Re: 5x7 Darkroom

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    Here's a link to look at for the Omega E enlargers. There are four models, E3, E4, E5 and E6. I have the E6 with XL column, but I converted the lamphouse to LEDs to give it VC capability using Ilford under lens filters. There is adequate space in the Omegalite lamphouse for the conversion. My baseboard is 18x34".
    Thanks, Jerry, for the link to the E's. At first, hurried, glance a bewildering array until I searched further down the discontinued models list....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gebhardt View Post
    It's roughly the same footprint as the Omega D, but I don't have the original baseboard so the actual footprint is variable. The column is shorter than the Omega D with the XL column. Probably about the same height as the regular Omega D. The head is obviously bigger to handle the bigger negative size. It's out in storage in the attic of the garage so I can't readily measure it for you. If you want to come and look at it just let me know. And if you need the exact height I can get out there to measure it in a few days.

Larry, my column (which I guess is standard) is approx. 46". Enlarger height about 45" vertical. A 60" column, say, would be pushing it almost to the ceiling. The wooden base (looks original) is 26x18". I checked Jerry's link, sounds like yours is perhaps an E5 or newer? Knowing the height would be good when you get the chance (no hurry).

Thanks!

Years ago I stumbled into a Beseler 57MB with an Aristo cold light head. Nice enlarger; moded it a bit with Beseler 45 parts.

Negative carriers are very hard to find - I use a Zone VI 5x7 carrier that fits - barely.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA
    Cambo 23SF