Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: deardorf company

Re: deardorf company

There are good people in business...and bad...
    Enough said...

Quote Originally Posted by karl french View Post
    All things considered, I'd rather have a Deardorff.
    For many years I listened to dig comments that Deardorff cameras were old designs and on the heavy side. Glad that I was forced to reconsider that opinion for myself. My V11 with the beefy extension cross sectional diameter handles heavier long lenses easily, is very stable and works smoothly and efficiently in all shooting conditions. I just need to continue to get to the gym for legitimate regular workouts so that is on me. Whatever works....

Michael Alpert

Quote Originally Posted by calibre61 View Post
    I am a supplier of an item for Deardorf cameras, which without you cannot sell a camera. I have outstanding invoices from the company which are more than long overdue, if people are not receiving cameras i am not surprised " they are not able to complete any" i know this is an inappropriate thing to write (and i apologise to the Forum heir achy) but i think people have the right to know the facts before they part with their money
    When you started this thread, everyone assumed you were a disappointed customer. Now you tell us that you are a supplier to Deardorf and the probable reason that Deardorf cannot ship completed cameras. Yes, this whole thread is inappropriate. So, who are you, and what, exactly, do you supply to Deardorf?

It's a well thought out and elegant design. The "friendliest" field camera I've used. It sets up fairly quickly and the controls fall to hand very readily. With the sliding front lens panel it basically eliminates the need for wide angle bellows in most situations. Yes, they are on the heavy side and there are some situations where I'd like some rear shift. That's what I have the Canham 8x10 wood field for. (They compliment each other very well.) But ironically, I find I miss the rising front panel on the Deardorff more than I use the rear shift on the Canham in those situations. Neither camera is perfect, but the Deardorff comes pretty close in my book.

I manufacture bellows for Deardorf, it is an unfortunate and regrettable situation which i have tried NUMEROUS times to settle with the company which just falls on deaf ears !!!!
    un answered emails non returned phone calls and empty promises to get this resolved (when i did get a reply) I am genuinely unhappy and sorry that it has come to this but as i have said in previous statements.......customers should be aware of the situation with the company, and after hearing other peoples experiences i am not surprised

You should post HERE

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...d.php?t=108716

And read the first post and follow the rules of just simply a complaint and explanation of what issues you had.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by calibre61 View Post
    I manufacture bellows for Deardorf
    It might be respectful to spell the name properly.
    Surely you have written it often enough in billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    It might be respectful...
    Respect must be earned.

Some people are good in business ...some of the time ...and bad in business...at other times...
    Those are the ones you really have to be wary of..

(Shrek)

I have been self-employed since the age of 20. I have been through many ups and downs, and been down to my last few crumbs of soda crackers in the cupboard more than once. But I never once walked away from a job without finishing (unless I wasn't getting paid, obviously). Bottom line: you pay your suppliers before you take any money out yourself. If you're rolling in money, this isn't a problem. If you're struggling, there is no more important rule to follow.