Page 505 of 841 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 8406

Thread: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Re: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Thanks, this is the first time I tried long exposures on the Noblex. I did 4 rotations at the 2" exposure time, to make an 8" exposure total.

I like the pinball machine photo above. I know it's difficult to get good exposure/tonality in that situation!
    Thanks. What model is your Noblex?

It's the 150U. I'm not sure what they actually changed between the U and UX but I have all the options including front rise and the slow-exposure module. I think they just hadn't changed the name yet and mine is an early UX. It has the Docter lens.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

It's the 150U. I'm not sure what they actually changed between the U and UX ...
    Per Camera-wiki.org the difference is the UX has the slow 2,1, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8th second shutter speeds; whereas, the U-model only goes down to 1/30 (?). I like the camera's results a lot and I've been wanting to add a 2:1 camera to my lineup.

I saw that, which is not correct for my camera. I dug a little more and found references to possibly a modification to the U model to add the slow speed ability. So I'm really not sure. I think the U model is fairly uncommon in comparison to the UX, from sales I've seen.

I saw that, which is not correct for my camera. I dug a little more and found references to possibly a modification to the U model to add the slow speed ability. So I'm really not sure. I think the U model is fairly uncommon in comparison to the UX, from sales I've seen.
    Another annoying question. To create a longer exposure out of say multiple 2-sec exposures, is it a rock-solid tripod that enables that or does the camera inherently take a second picture without worry about vibration, etc? I typically carry a pretty light tripod.

If the camera is set to multi-exposure, the entire drum just keeps going, spinning multiple times to make the multiple exposures as long as the cable release is held down. It goes 360 degrees though so inherently there will be time delay between each picture, but it's rock solid. I generally use a pretty light tripod.

For this photo, to decrease the delay between exposures, I cranked the exposure dial from 2" to 1/8 in between photos to make it spin faster, then moved it back to 2" when it was about to open the slit. Nothing bad seems to have happened from what I can see of the negative, which is plenty sharp. In comparison, the Widelux F7 doesn't have multi-exposure for longer exposure times, but I found that I could manually do them by pulling the drum back all the way to the far side and releasing it for another exposure - but this usually creates a double-image effect or general unsharpness, though it's worked okay once or twice. The Noblex is certainly much more capable in that regard, which was important for me with a 120 camera and commonly shooting at f/16. I love this camera, though it is admittedly butt-ugly!

If the camera is set to multi-exposure, the entire drum just keeps going, spinning multiple times to make the multiple exposures as long as the cable release is held down. It goes 360 degrees though so inherently there will be time delay between each picture, but it's rock solid. I generally use a pretty light tripod.

For this photo, to decrease the delay between exposures, I cranked the exposure dial from 2" to 1/8 in between photos to make it spin faster, then moved it back to 2" when it was about to open the slit. Nothing bad seems to have happened from what I can see of the negative, which is plenty sharp. In comparison, the Widelux F7 doesn't have multi-exposure for longer exposure times, but I found that I could manually do them by pulling the drum back all the way to the far side and releasing it for another exposure - but this usually creates a double-image effect or general unsharpness, though it's worked okay once or twice. The Noblex is certainly much more capable in that regard, which was important for me with a 120 camera and commonly shooting at f/16. I love this camera, though it is admittedly butt-ugly!
    All good info thanks so much.

1940 Plymouth Sedan Delux

Bronica SQ-A
    SFX 200 pola filter
    scan of print
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Nice Plymouth, Rick.

GSW690III, 400TMY

UP by tuco, on Flickr

Gloria
    Gloria by Paul Fitz, on Flickr

dark room print, split toned with selenium and sepia, 6x12 fp4, 90mm super angulon.