Page 366 of 842 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 8419

Thread: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Re: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

A recent outing with a new to me Konica Pearl II that I have just restored. Foma 200 developed in Adox replenished formula thanks to Ian Grant. The rangefinder proved easier to adjust than I had thought - thankfully.

Bryan--

Love the shots from the Maritime Forest zone--live oaks are intrinsically interesting, and saw palmetto especially really looks good in Acros, I think.

A question for you: I'm curious what your game plan was for exposing/developing Acros roll film for this scene. (FWIW, I'm just getting my feet wet with MF film, but I'm enjoying banging around the Smokies with my Pentax 67 kit.)

Quote Originally Posted by alanbutler57 View Post
    I like the combination of sweeping curves and the straight leaves , this would be an interesting setting for portraiture I think.

The concert was great, our second outing to hear classical which the wife was never really into. Now she wants to try more so this Sunday we go to the Symphony mate-nae Yea!
    Thanks for your thoughts. I was a symphony musician for over 10 years, in two regional symphonies - a magical experience to hear live, but sometimes a transcendent one to be in the middle of such a performance!

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Bryan--

Love the shots from the Maritime Forest zone--live oaks are intrinsically interesting, and saw palmetto especially really looks good in Acros, I think.

A question for you: I'm curious what your game plan was for exposing/developing Acros roll film for this scene. (FWIW, I'm just getting my feet wet with MF film, but I'm enjoying banging around the Smokies with my Pentax 67 kit.)
    Thanks! Well, this day was heavy overcast. I wanted to up the contrast in the scene and resigned the sky to a flat white. So using my spotmeter I exposed the shadows at Zone II at an EI of 64-80 and then checked the highlights. Seeing as they were only at around Zone VII I added 20% to my development time to push the overall contrast up and get the light on film to be what I was envisioning. I spent a lot of years trying to expose my shadows at Zone III and underdevelop to get the sky to Zone VII and all that does is make things muddy and overexposed. Also Acros has flat midtones so increased development helps a lot to get the tonality right. Acros is a tricky film - I prefer T-Max 100 but they only recently finally started making it again due to production problems. I've got a few more propacks left of Acros then back to T-Max 100, though to be fair Acros might've been just the ticket for this day.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I spent a lot of years trying to expose my shadows at Zone III and underdevelop to get the sky to Zone VII and all that does is make things muddy and overexposed.
    Excellent, thanks so much for taking the time to elaborate--I'm a long way from any sort of metering precision, so just having a basic approach depending on lighting conditions is invaluable. At any rate, I'll look forward to your work here in the Southern Highlands as well...

I need to get back to the Smokies myself! I spent some time up there when I had just barely started shooting 4x5, and didn't know what I was doing...

And if it would warm up a little I might actually get out and photograph this month!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

503cw + CFI 80mm - Ilford HP5 - D76 - Dektol - Ilford RC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Danseuse féérique 300 dpi.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	173814

I am subjected to a single thing, the freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I need to get back to the Smokies myself!
    Definitely some beautiful country between here and Springer Mountain! If you've come up with a surefire method for metering whitewater flowing through a rhododendron culvert, you'll be a pretty popular fellow in these parts.

[QUOTE=Fangel;1425771]503cw + CFI 80mm - Ilford HP5 - D76 - Dektol - Ilford RC

Fangel, I have enjoyed your fetish of fish net stockings.

Fangel, very creative! The box shapes are very complex and contrast nicely in design from the human and clothing shapes. The wiry balls on the floor are also interesting and contrast nicely with the box designs.

A couple weeks ago, in the woods around the skating pond. Rolleiflex automat tessar and tmy2. The first one is kinda energetic and complex, the second more peaceful and simple. Both shot within 30 feet of each other.

img122 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

img125 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

jp the first image is nice. It has more weight for me and the perspective is hopeful.