Page 616 of 842 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626666716 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 8419

Thread: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Re: MF (6x4.5,6x6,6x7,6x9,6x12) B&W film images sharing

Rolleiflex SL66, Planar 80mm retro mounted
    Foma 400

John Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Finally got to meet Clyde Butcher on my 3rd trip to the Venice/Sarasota area. One of his employees helped me setup a little meeting at the famous live oak in Myakka River State Park. I gave him a 12x20 contact print of the tree behind us I shot over the winter. We chatted for almost 2 hours and then got dinner. The next day he met me at his gallery and gave me some 12x20 film to feed the Wisner!

I setup this shot before he got there and my wife tripped the shutter. Taken with a Rolleicord I "Art Deco" older than Clyde on HP5+ film, dev'd in Pyrocat:

That's a piece of real history. Thanks for posting it.

CB, he's a very nice person and it was interesting talking to him about a variety of photographic subjects.

Thanks John. I'm just glad I got the opportunity.

Later on in Key West we went to Fort Zachary Taylor at the west end of the island, after a morning of nonstop rain that made some wonderful reflective puddles:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Finally got to meet Clyde Butcher on my 3rd trip to the Venice/Sarasota area. One of his employees helped me setup a little meeting at the famous live oak in Myakka River State Park. I gave him a 12x20 contact print of the tree behind us I shot over the winter. We chatted for almost 2 hours and then got dinner. The next day he met me at his gallery and gave me some 12x20 film to feed the Wisner!

I setup this shot before he got there and my wife tripped the shutter. Taken with a Rolleicord I "Art Deco" older than Clyde on HP5+ film, dev'd in Pyrocat:

Great shot; lucky you. I visited his gallery in Venice but he wasn't there.

Very interesting thread with lots of beautiful photos.
    My contribution is taken with Sinar F camera with Zoom rollfilm back 6x12 cm. Lens was Schneider Symmar 135mm f5.6 on Rollei RPX 100 film developed in Xtol-R.

Korshavn nær Fyns Hoved. Et pragtfuldt smørhul på Nordøstfyn. by Michael G, on Flickr

Regards Michael.

It did take me 3 tries Alan .

The weather was not conducive to IR photography but I tried one roll anyway. Here is the Old Bahia Honda Bridge on West Summerland Key early in the morning.

Century Graphic 2x3, Schneider 38mm f/5.6 XL w/ R72 filter, Rollei IR400 exposed for 15 minutes, dev'd in Pyrocat 1:1:100 for 11 minutes @ 75F

... I setup this shot before he got there and my wife tripped the shutter...
    A memorable picture. I get the feeling with your posture that you're trying to fit it in on a tightly framed shot!

Yeah I kinda stood normally and then he pulled me a bit closer. I didn't want to loom over him so I just kinda stooped a little .

Here's another from the roll, taken in a cemetery in Fernandina Beach, up at the far northeastern edge of Florida. I loved this angel statue and the way the Spanish moss wrapped around the arm and neck:

Story time. I took this photo on 4x5 out of pure frustration. The composition was absolute garbage so I cropped it heavily, to about 50x100 millimeters. I was very mad at myself because I had just broken my camera.

Our last day of vacation, we woke up at 4:30am to get out to the beach for sunrise. We had some unfortunate traffic on the one-lane road for some reason and the horizon was lighting up with all kinds of gorgeous colors. I was really excited, but I had planned to take my 12x20 out on the beach...it was too late for that, at least for sunrise. So I quickly grabbed my Intrepid 4x5, which is the newest black version with 3D-printed parts...

I slapped it on the tripod, using the Arca-style clamp I have been using. About 3/4 of the way to the beach (we had to walk in because the park is technically closed, but you can pay and walk in from the gate), the camera inexplicably just fell off the tripod. I have no idea if my rushing somehow knocked it off or I just haphazardly didn't tighten things down like I normally do, but it crashed into the sandy path. No big deal, I've done worse I thought...but nope, it hit right on the front standard and ripped out the bushing for attaching it to the focus track. Great!

So I went down to the beach and we saw a spectacular sunrise. I grabbed my Instax camera and snapped a few square images (which were gorgeous) but then I looked at my 4x5. What a mess. Now I have to see if I can get spare parts. Really mad, I just aimed the camera in the general direction of the sun because it was honestly astoundingly nice and this is what I got.

Afterwards we went back to the car, I grabbed the 12x20 and made 2 more images. Really, the right way to do this is to get to the beach about an hour and a half before sunrise (5am), at least if I want to not be rushed, but this was our 7th day on the road so we were tired. Well so it goes.

I'm very sorry to hear about the camera.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know