Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Impressions

Re: Light Impressions

Conservation Resources, here.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Thanks All

I am still using up my 23 year old Light Impressions
    Tin Can

Drew Wiley

Archival Methods. But be prepared for sticker shock. Not their fault - just like everything else at the moment getting expensive.

Archival Methods. Just had a good experience with their customer service. In late February I bought 50 sheets of 14x18 mat board which I received promptly. I opened the box a took a quick look, mat board looked good so I closed box and then put it away until a couple weeks ago. I then mounted and matted two prints and when I went to put the first one the frame low and behold the board was an inch short. It was labeled correct at 14x18 but was actually 14x17. Another week went by and I finally contacted Archival Methods and explained the problem. Within a half hour they had sent a prepaid shipping label and a return authorization. Latter that day I got shipping notification and a tracking # for the replacement board. I just received the replacement board today. Considering the time that had elapsed since it had placed the original order I am very pleased with the service.

Roger

Used Light impressions years ago when they were all the rage.

Recently I've found a local person who gives me great prices on the stuff that Larson/Juhl carries (Rising museum boards, custom wood frames, backing papers, Gatorfoam, etc) - but before this I'd had good luck (price, delivery, and service-wise) with DickBlick, whom I'd also had a contract with when I'd run a college photo dept...so there was that, but still good folks I think.

There was also a good place in Mass., but I've forgotten the name.

Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    There was also a good place in Mass., but I've forgotten the name.
    Might that be University Products in Holyoke, MA? I been buying mat board and some other supplies from them the last few years. Truth be told, my last two shipments of full-size mat board have with corner damage that I've been able to work around. For my next buy I'll probably just drive out there.

And I'm also a happy Archival Methods customer.

I've purchased from University Products/Lineco many times, but the last few times I looked, their selection of different sizes for boxes and sleeves had shrunk considerably.

Actually, come to think of it, fold-lock polypropylene and polyester sleeves in larger sizes had started to become a problem more generally even before covid - might be even worse now with all the supply-chain issues. I've also sometimes found the sizes I want at PrintFile - yes, the same company best known for its negative pages.

I guess the take-home is that, depending what you need, it may be necessary to shop around more than in the past to find a vendor that has stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Actually, come to think of it, fold-lock polypropylene and polyester sleeves in larger sizes had started to become a problem

If you are looking for large negative sleeves, Climax Photo has polypropylene sleeves up to 11x14. https://www.climaxphoto.net/sheet_film.html

They also have them in less common sizes such as 4x10 and 8x20 https://www.climaxphoto.net/wide_format_sleeves.htm

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    They also have them in less common sizes such as 4x10 and 8x20 https://www.climaxphoto.net/wide_format_sleeves.htm
    When I tried ordering several of the odd sizes from Climax last year, I got an email back saying that they were no longer in production and all they had left was 7x17. So I took some of those.

Perhaps that's changed. At any rate, their website is evidently not a reliable indicator of stock - I'd contact them in advance to verify availability.