Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

I have been out in the last couple of weeks and only yesterday did I manage to take a look at the mail. Wooowww!!! What a wonderful package and a professional, high quality, folio. I am most grateful for having being allowed to take a part in this endeavor and this is a set I will certainly cherish. As Jim states it's specially nice for the diversity of interpretations and approaches in the printing. The stories behind them also make for an interesting reading. One can certainly learn a lot from the techniques used.
    For the record, my family says it arrived last wednesday, so almost one week ago, and there were no customs fees.
    A special thanks naturally has to go to Jim, and his wife, for such a pleasant experience and a wonderful folio!
    raul

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

Late to the party as always, I just returned home last night for a couple days and this morning finally got to look at the Folio! I know others have said it, but I'll say it now myself - - - WWWOOOWW!!! What a BEAUTIFUL collection of photographs! FAR exceeded my expectations, although I admit, I really didn't have any particular expectation - other than I was sure it would be a lot of excellent work. I am truly humbled and also proud to be counted among such a diverse and accomplished group.

Thank you Jim and thank you Everyone for crafting such special work and bringing it all together in this project! This Folio will certainly take it's place among my most valued photographia.

Sorry for the delay in this post, I spent a few weeks out west in Capitol Reef "refreshing" myself, although I was certainly more tired after the trip than before it. It gave me some time to think about the folio projects we have had and future ones. Just to let everyone here in the US know, the revamped "info sheets" have all been sent with the last group going out today. These will replace the original ones where I made several errors. Some went out last week and the remainder today. All the other folios to Canada, Europe, etc., had the correct info sheets.

First of all, I hope everyone has received theirs except for Kumar who asked me to hold his until today. So his is now on its way to Japan. I haven't heard from anyone not getting theirs, so I think every must have theirs. I am not sure how many more of these are in the wind. I will say for sure that there will be at least one more that I will produce next year. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, the time it takes to put this together seems to be taking more and more. And probably the major reason is that I am winding down on the number of folios (11x14) that I have left in inventory. I know I have enough for next year and possibly one more after that. Just depends on how many of the folios I want to keep for my own projects. I don't think I can justify running another batch of these at this time. The minimum required is at least 500. I still have a decent supply of 8x10 ones, so that is always a possibility. I am still mulling over the subject for the next one. If I think it is the last one, I think I might just ask for everyone to send in one of their "favorite" images. We'll see.

One thing I ran into and I think I mentioned this in earlier posts was the "curling" issue with some of the prints. It ended up working out ok. I did have to use a lighter backing board for the folio. I do like to use a 4 ply board but in this case I had to use a 2 ply. Did anyone have an issue with the lighter backing board? New participants had nothing to compare, so if anyone who participated in the past noticed and thought it was too light, please let me know. Any criticisms or comments are appreciated. I want this to be something that we all enjoy and that we are proud to do. Thanks again, and I will try to have something subject-wise by July. Jim

Jim, the folio felt fine with the backer board you used. I didn't even notice a differences from years past.

Jim, Please add me to your list for the next exchange.......

J Durr Wise
    Deardorff 5x7 pre-1950