Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Special order Eastman Double-X in 4x5 sheets.

Re: Special order Eastman Double-X in 4x5 sheets.

How do you plan to process this thin roll film in sheet sizes?
    I know some folks do it but will a lab want to touch it?

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    How do you plan to process this thin roll film in sheet sizes?
    I know some folks do it but will a lab want to touch it?
    I don't know I do all my own so I wouldn't know if a lab would or wouldn't be able to, I thought labs used dip dunk and it wouldn't matter?

And it's not THAT thin actually.

I have a few processing options, Mod54, soon I'll have a JOBO professor which I hear is good for thin sheets, and lastly an FR tank which can handle anything even if it's a leaky nightmare haha!

Who the heck sends out their B&W LF images to a lab anyway? (I guess someone must but I sure wouldn't). I can see sending out color sheets definitely, but B&W is so responsive to developing techniques I wouldn't want someone doing it with an unknown developer or unknown technique. Of course it depends how specific you are of course I realize.

Any tank that holds the film in slots like roll film spirals would likely be problematic due to the film working it's way loose. Save $450+ for an expert drum.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Any tank that holds the film in slots like roll film spirals would likely be problematic due to the film working it's way loose. Save $450+ for an expert drum.
    Is that the JOBO that has tube holes in it? I doubt I would spend more on the tank than I did on the processor... Lol

Thanks though, perhaps someday. Let's just work on getting the film first

I agree with all of Lachlan's comments above, but at the same time I am in full support of exotic special film orders, because, well, why the hell not, even of for nothing beyond the curiosity.

I have shared KB canahms post on our FB page, and have committed to a few boxes myself.

This of course, should not replace any regularly available film purchases i would normally make, after all whats another 100 sheets or so? a few days worth shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    I agree with all of Lachlan's comments above, but at the same time I am in full support of exotic special film orders, because, well, why the hell not, even of for nothing beyond the curiosity.

I have shared KB canahms post on our FB page, and have committed to a few boxes myself.

This of course, should not replace any regularly available film purchases i would normally make, after all whats another 100 sheets or so? a few days worth shooting...
    Haha I love the attitude, why not, 100 sheets or so, no biggie haha

I've committed to two boxes - it won't stop my regular buying of TXP though...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Special order Eastman Double-X in 4x5 sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    I've committed to two boxes - it won't stop my regular buying of TXP though...

Marc!
    I'm committed to 4 boxes (heck depending on the price I might go in for 10) but that won't stop my regular purchase of Ilford FP4+, HP5+, Fuji Acros100 either

And I'm also currently testing out TMY-2 to see if I like it has both a secondary 400 speed, and 800 speed, and also for a long night exposures as a possible replacement for Fuji being that Fuji seems to keep shutting down all of their films. I won't give up on Acros100 just yet, as it's a freaking amazing film! But it's good to do research just in case and also helps out the new Kodak I think, just like spending money on even this special order helps them out

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't know I do all my own so I wouldn't know if a lab would or wouldn't be able to, I thought labs used dip dunk and it wouldn't matter?

And it's not THAT thin actually.

I have a few processing options, Mod54, soon I'll have a JOBO professor which I hear is good for thin sheets, and lastly an FR tank which can handle anything even if it's a leaky nightmare haha!

Who the heck sends out their B&W LF images to a lab anyway? (I guess someone must but I sure wouldn't). I can see sending out color sheets definitely, but B&W is so responsive to developing techniques I wouldn't want someone doing it with an unknown developer or unknown technique. Of course it depends how specific you are of course I realize.

stone can you find out from mr canham if he can find out from kodak what base the emulsion will be coated to ?
    ( you might be able to squelch fears of problematic processing and make the 300 boxes fly a bit faster off the shelves .. )

if it is as thin as 2402 ESTAR Base 3412 ESTAR Base ( the base a lot of aero spool film was coated to ),
    it is much thinner than standard sheet film and it will curl and might be a PITA for some people to process ..

you might have a handful of processing options but others might rely on one ( or maybe .. 2 ) ...

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    stone can you find out from mr canham if he can find out from kodak what base the emulsion will be coated to ?
    ( you might be able to squelch fears of problematic processing and make the 300 boxes fly a bit faster off the shelves .. )

if it is as thin as 2402 ESTAR Base 3412 ESTAR Base ( the base a lot of aero spool film was coated to ),
    it is much thinner than standard sheet film and it will curl and might be a PITA for some people to process ..

you might have a handful of processing options but others might rely on one ( or maybe .. 2 ) ...
    It's on grey acetate safety base...

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...22_techpub.pdf

Also just realized I reversed the ASA, it's 200 Tungsten, 250 daylight... Whoops