Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another Forum outage

Re: Yet another Forum outage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Westbrook View Post

If you use the site's search feature, you'll likely want to use your favorite web search engine until the indexing is finished since complete results won't show up until indexing is done.

Maybe these guy's can help.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Great, Im glad to be back too.
    Stay Focused,
    Chuck Carstensen

The re-indexing got done overnight, so you should get complete search results now. Post in this thread if there are any problems.

Frankly, I've found it very helpful to read through conversations and about details regarding particular pieces of equipment when shopping or buying used gear. There is often more technical information (including photographs) in some FS posts than in the more appropriate forums here. I certainly understand your point Terry, however I for one have seen a lot of usefulness to be able to follow threads that go back years in some cases, even seeing a thread between the seller of an enlarger I bought and the seller that he bought it from. That was very helpful to me. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    One way to gain back space would be to delete For Sale ads where the item has been sold. I can't understand why you keep old ads around as it just wastes server space.

You might want to add a feature where the original poster can delete their ad once the item has sold.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    Frankly, I've found it very helpful to read through conversations and about details regarding particular pieces of equipment when shopping or buying used gear. There is often more technical information (including photographs) in some FS posts than in the more appropriate forums here. I certainly understand your point Terry, however I for one have seen a lot of usefulness to be able to follow threads that go back years in some cases, even seeing a thread between the seller of an enlarger I bought and the seller that he bought it from. That was very helpful to me. YMMV.
    I would agree.