Thread: Polaroid film homemade

Lightbulb Polaroid film homemade

Here is one on making Polaroid film at home I found at apug pasting it on

http://www.instructables.com/id/Maki...oid-55-/#step5
    Found at http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...type-55-a.html

Dave

Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar

Re: Polaroid film homemade

This is an interesting idea. It is great that people actually take the initiative to figure out these things.

But the Instructables thing is vague. The person lists the ingredients for the paste, even how much to use, and what is about the right amount for 4x5, but no mention of how much for 8x10.

Then again, I guess if someone really wants to give it a go, they can do like julsdylan and experiment on their own!
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water

I agree that the little instruction thing is kind of vague, however it's kind of interesting that this person home was able to make a decent negative and print, with just sort of figuring it out yet the new 55 project years later still hasn't come out with any product at all for us to buy and they are still "testing"

If they don't watch out, this guy could probably start selling a version of pos/neg before them LOL

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I agree that the little instruction thing is kind of vague, however it's kind of interesting that this person home was able to make a decent negative and print, with just sort of figuring it out yet the new 55 project years later still hasn't come out with any product at all for us to buy and they are still "testing"

If they don't watch out, this guy could probably start selling a version of pos/neg before them LOL
    For sure, you have to give the credit for his efforts. The sleeve information is not discussed well, and really I suppose if one wanted they could examine the Polaroid version and come up with a reasonable facsimile.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Thanks Jonathan, I saw that after I had already read this thread and commented here. Made me wonder why the moderation staff didn't merge the two threads.

I think has to do with the thread name I mist too and have read the other one today.
    The good news maybe in a few year some one will make it for sale maybe even as a kit for homemade.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X 69 View Post
    For sure, you have to give the credit for his efforts. The sleeve information is not discussed well, and really I suppose if one wanted they could examine the Polaroid version and come up with a reasonable facsimile.

Thanks Jonathan, I saw that after I had already read this thread and commented here. Made me wonder why the moderation staff didn't merge the two threads.
    Last edited by smithdoor; 17-Nov-2013 at 08:14. Reason: for got key word maybe

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    The good news is in a few year some one will make it for sale maybe even as a kit for homemade.
    That would be nice!

Interesting idea but if I read that correctly, the film is exposed THEN mated with the print paper, unlike T55. Not very practical in this form but a good start nonetheless.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Does anyone know the status of new55 film? http://new55project.blogspot.com/
    Are they close to bringing back a new version of Polaroid type 55 positive-negative film?
    And when and how much might it cost?

About two years ago, they said they were working on financing
    and other details and were hoping to have film in production
    within 8 months.

Being able to buy type 55 or a similar film would be the most practical solution.

Thanks Allan

This type of pull a part film out side of Polaroid has been around for at less 50 years. Use in Copiers and in printing industries as PMT (PMT was a pull part type paper film ) both you would run in developer and roll out then pull a part. This type of paper/film was around ASA 25 and a paper developer I used Kodak Dektol B&W Paper. If you can find this it would be a short jump
    (PMT is a photomechanical transfer)
    More back ground see http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-93135652.html

Dave