Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dark Slide: fully removed or partially in?

Re: Dark Slide: fully removed or partially in?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Since I developed a penchant for Gray Goose I can't see using it as "lens cleaning fluid" anymore.
    Vodka martinis? Never. Those are for wannabe British spies.
    I use Jamaican overproof rum.... You can dip wet film in it for a fast dry... yea it is an expensive cleaning fluid ..... i even used it to prime the carburetor on a car that would not start...... my wife makes a killer cake out of it also..... good in shot glasses ...

I think when the 1268 Graflex holder gets older they will get like chicken lips and hard to find.... i am buying these instead of gold or silver

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    John, have you ever got mixed up and made your Vodka Martini with lens cleaning fluid?
    That's why I use Bombay Sapphire!

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    That's why I use Bombay Sapphire!

m
    Excellent taste, good sir!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Using Bombay or any other quality gin to clean a shutter is nothing short of alcohol abuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    Using Bombay or any other quality gin to clean a shutter is nothing short of alcohol abuse!
    I think abuse would be using some Talisker ... Gin is for fancy boys, Scotch Whiskey is for real Men

What if you held the shutter above you and poured it over the shutter and then into your mouth, would that be acceptable recycling? Lol

WOW this conversation degenerated fast ..... you all are just a bunch of "old alcoholic degenerate photographers" LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by photobymike View Post
    WOW this conversation degenerated fast ..... you all are just a bunch of "old alcoholic degenerate photographers" LOL LOL
    But our lenses are clean.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by photobymike View Post
    I just turned 31... I hope I'm not old... Lol

Also just something to note, as the OP, I have basically gotten the answer I need, so anyone who's worried that were off-topic or anything like that don't worry keep drinking... everything is fine...

Also, I'm mostly a fancy pants wine drinker, some Cabernet Sauvignon or nice Carménère is more my taste but I wouldn't pour that on my equipment. Lol!

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

It really has degenerated. shame on on all of you. The guy has a serious question.

I always take my dark slide fully out. Used to leave it in, but one day the wind caught it and blew it off the bridge I was standing on into the river below. So i always take it out not.

As for dark cloth, a heavy towel can work fine, and so does a clothespin to hold things in place.

As for cleaning off the dark slide after I recovered it from the river, plain old Crown Royal rye works best. Scotch, Cabernet Sauvignon, gin, rum - what a bunch of uneducated heathens!
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph O'Neil View Post
    It really has degenerated. shame on on all of you. The guy has a serious question.

I always take my dark slide fully out. Used to leave it in, but one day the wind caught it and blew it off the bridge I was standing on into the river below. So i always take it out not.

As for dark cloth, a heavy towel can work fine, and so does a clothespin to hold things in place.

As for cleaning off the dark slide after I recovered it from the river, plain old Crown Royal rye works best. Scotch, Cabernet Sauvignon, gin, rum - what a bunch of uneducated heathens!
    Retrieving that dark slide must have been a ROYAL pain...