All electrical circuits in the darkroom must be GFI protected for your safety. Standard grounded won't save you. The GFI plugs do cost much more than regular ones but are much cheaper than a funeral. I would also suggest that each enlarger be on a separate circuit from your breaker box, some electronic timers can be tripped by the on/off pluse of an adjacient enlarger/timer on the same circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
Look at the Darkroom Portraits thread and carefully study the photos for ideas.
Build the largest sink you can, in this case 10.1 feet, ideally 30 inches front to back, keeping in mind that it might be hard to reach the wall if you are short.
As many grounded electrical outlets as you can must, above counter height, below counter height, and on the ceiling.
Drywall the walls and ceiling (i.e. no exposed framing) and paint with glossy paint for low dust, easy cleanup.
A dust free floor like sheet vinyl (no carpet).
No flourescent lighting as it might maintain an afterglow when turned off. Use lots of lighting - I like a bright darkroom - but set it up so that you have a choice between bright light, modest light, safe light.
A large dry erase board (grease board) on the wall is useful for notes.
Plenty of shelf space for storage
Build dust free negative drying space.
I find that line drying prints works for me (better than screens) but they drip water so you need a place where print drying allows you to continue printing.
Try to anticipate yourself. For example, if you get into masking you need more space. Alternative processes (I don't do those) are probably the same.
Use another room for matting and framing. A dry mount press can really heat up a darkroom. Cutting mat board is dusty.