Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter Projects--No Longer Posted Here

Re: Kickstarter Projects

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    ...this is a noncommercial site and it's already becoming dominated by people selling things...
    Becoming??

I don't think we are dominated by selling. It's easy, no it isn't, to not read the FS ads.

Not all KS' are just about money. One just came in completed, where they wanted $1 or more to help fund a gunshot sound effects library. Their goal was to gather enough for ammo and gun rental. They did it cheaply and well. Now they are giving away the sound effects, to anyone!

Those darn idealistic college students...

I have asked a couple of times in the past , how do I get rid of the FS WTB threads that keep flooding my new posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Becoming??

Please see the revised first posting in this thread. We've added a new forum as discussed above.

Rick "thank you" Denney

Rick,

Thanks to you and the other moderators, I think and hope this will work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Question.....what if your not announcing one but just bringing one up for discussion?
    The problem is that is how spammers work; seemingly innocent initiation of discussion about things for which they have financial interest.

Quote Originally Posted by photobymike View Post
    i am sorry i do not know what a kickstarter campaign is...... this is the only blog i use and read. maybe a definition in a few words as it pertains to LF would help
    It is an internet based panhandling site.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I have asked a couple of times in the past , how do I get rid of the FS WTB threads that keep flooding my new posts?
    Yes, I'm also waiting for a better solution. For now, try "Search" "Single Content Type" go to the scrolling list at the bottom and select "Subscribed forums" and select "Since Your Last Last Visit" "and Newer"

You can choose your "Subscribed Forums" in "Forum" View by clicking on the green dot for each forum you like (these are saved between visits, that is one good thing).

The problem is that even though you can click "Save Search Preferences" at the bottom, each time you come back to the search screen you are in "Search Multiple Content" (whatever the heck that is) and when you click to "Search Single Content" your "Subscribed Forums" preference has been ignored.

The other problem is that the menu option under "Quick Links" that says "Subscribed Threads" is NOT the same as "Subscribed Forums"

For example whenever I post helpful hints like "...be a man and get an enlarger..." in the DIGITAL section those darn threads keep showing up as "Subscribed Thread" under the quicklink menu whereas the DIGITAL forums are not on my "Subscribed Forum" list.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Bob,

Use "Unified View". By default it filters out classifieds, lounge, and a couple other things.

Cheers,
    Keith

thanks Keith and Ic Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by keith schreiber View Post
    Bob,

Use "Unified View". By default it filters out classifieds, lounge, and a couple other things.

Cheers,
    Keith