Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adox film sale

Re: Adox film sale

Hello to all,
    Take it easy please and don't get angry. I just posted this thread to let everybody know there is a new ULF film in town. I didn't see no harm in it since there was a substantial discussion about the Ilford Annual ULF run 2013 earlier this year.
    I have no commercial ties what so ever to any company and didn't have any commercial intent.
    I'm just a (misguided?) analogue film photography lover, who would like to see ULF kept alive.
    And I was just happy to see that ADOX makes this possible (amongst others).
    So I simply tried to "forward" the info I saw on APUG. I've seen many referrals from here to APUG and vica versa so I didn't see any problem doing this. I thought it was an easy way to share info and show the source of it as well.
    I don't see these two forums as competitors, but as complementary to each other.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.

Adox film sale

There was no problem with the announcement, and the availability of the film is of general interest, which is why I moved it to its own thread. Posting the specific info here makes it more convenient, and fits our guidelines, that's all. I saw what I saw when I followed the link on my iPhone, but I see now I should have scrolled down and didn't. But then the additional information was posted; problem abundantly solved. Best of luck to everyone.

Rick "carry on" Denney

Cool. Interested to see what the price is after it starts to get sold here, and to see how it compares to the films I use now.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Very cool indeed. Yesterday I tried to buy some boxes but unfortunately the 4x5 size is out of stock, probably still has no stock . I will have to wait. Maybe tomorrow they will make it available. Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone has any idea of this film's reciprocity capabilities.
    raul

Quote Originally Posted by rcmartins View Post
    Very cool indeed. Yesterday I tried to buy some boxes but unfortunately the 4x5 size is out of stock, probably still has no stock . I will have to wait. Maybe tomorrow they will make it available. Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone has any idea of this film's reciprocity capabilities.
    raul
    If I remember correctly, they will update the website in a few days, so check again within a week or so. I haven't seen info about reciprocity. The data sheet it still very short (and in German).
    These are the posted developing times for 35mm film & 120 roll film (sheet film to be developed 10% shorter):

Entwickler/Developer Min.: γ: Bemerkung/Remarks:
    ADOX ADONAL 20 °C 1+50 10 0,65 Kleinbild/Rollfilm
    ADOX ATOMAL 20 °C Stock 0,65 Kleinbild/Rollfilm
    Ilford ID-11 20 °C 1+1 7:30 0,65 Kleinbild/Rollfilm
    Kodak D-76 20 °C 1+1 7:30 0,65 Kleinbild/Rollfilm
    Kodak HC-110 20 °C A 8 0,65 Kleinbild/Rollfilm
    Kodak XTOL 20 °C 1+1 8 0,65 Kleinbild/Rollfilm

"Aufgrund des unterschiedlichen Schichtaufbaus zwischen den Kleinbild-/Rollfilmen und Planfilmen treten
    geringfügige Abweichungen in der Entwicklungszeit auf.
    Um einen mittleren Gradienten von 0,65 zu erzielen ist der Planfilm ca. 10% kürzer zu entwickeln!
    "
    Roughly translated: Due to the differences in the constructions of the layers of 135 film/roll film and sheet film, there's
    a small variation in developing times. To get a medium gradient of 0.65 one should develop sheet film about 10% shorter.

Link to the data sheet (in German)

Ron Miller

Guys, if my German is correct, this new CHS 100 II is orthopanchromatic right? CHS25 and Efke PL25 were panchromatic. And not inexpensive at all, my calc says $71.00 a box of 25 sheets shipped to CT USA.

Anyone know the characteristics of orthopan over pan?

Regards,
    Ron

Ron Miller

+1 on that

I think they missed an opportunity here. Instead of trying to claw their way back into the market with a film speed that faces all the greatest competition as there are more 100 ISO or thereabouts than any other speed, they should have gone with their CHS 25 Art and cleaned up with a brand new monopoly.

RR

Quote Originally Posted by gevalia View Post
    Guys, if my German is correct, this new CHS 100 II is orthopanchromatic right? CHS25 and Efke PL25 were panchromatic. And not inexpensive at all, my calc says $71.00 a box of 25 sheets shipped to CT USA.
    Anyone know the characteristics of orthopan over pan?
    Regards,
    Ron
    Ho Ron,
    Adox said they'll be shipping to Fotospeed in USA by boat what may take up to six weeks (end October or so?). Maybe this will be a cheaper option for you?

ADOX CHS 100 II is an orthopanchromatically sensitized B/W film.

This is a quote from a reply by Adox (Mirko) posted elsewhere on 24 August, 2013:

Question: I notice that the data sheet describes the film as "orthopanchromatic", which I guess means a reduced red response more or less matching the old Efke films?

Answer: Exactly. Even if Fotokemika was still allive today the films wouldn´t be the same because many components are not manufactured anymore.
    We tried to match the old film as closely as possible using what was readily available off the shelve.
    It is possible to get even closer but not within less than a years time (unless you spend so much money that I am sceptical anyone would do this).
    We were kind of in between the necessity to bring the follow up film fast and match it as closely as possible.
    We think that the outcome is very good. All bugs have been fixed:

- A state of the art coating with no defects
    - A hardened emulsion
    - More speed @ finer grain
    - A similar old style single layer emulsion system
    - A very similar spectral response including the gap at blue-green (compare the curves old vs. new on the ADOX website)
    - The same clear archival PET base
    - A new light piping prevention (quite a problem with the old film)
    - Improved anti halation (AHU)
    - Better confectioning

Mirko
    See for tech info: http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi..._II/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Pity they've not listed any 7x17, 8x20 or 12x20; all sizes seemingly "popular" ULFs.
    I have enquired over on APUG about 13x18cm and 18x24cm formats which interest me and this was the answer I got:

If you want to buy any other format then the ones we have put out already please inquire with Fotoimpex.
    We will quote you based on the quantity you need. Alternatively we can keep your inquiry until others ask for the same format. We plan to cut sheetfilm every 4 weeks, so we can collect orders and then make every size you want.
    For those of you who need 13x18 as a separate format from 5x7 please give exact aim measurements. We can cut with a precision of +/- 1/10th of a mm.

Thank you all for the feedback,

Mirko
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Pity they've not listed any 7x17, 8x20 or 12x20; all sizes seemingly "popular" ULFs.
    On the other forum we asked if it was possible to get 18x24 cm sheet film as well. This was the reply from Adox (Mirko):
    If you want to buy any other format then the ones we have put out already please inquire with Fotoimpex.
    We will quote you based on the quantity you need. Alternatively we can keep your inquiry until others ask for the same format. We plan to cut sheetfilm every 4 weeks, so we can collect orders and then make every size you want.
    For those of you who need 13x18 as a separate format from 5x7 please give exact aim measurements. We can cut with a precision of +/- 1/10th of a mm.
    Thank you all for the feedback,
    Mirko
    So grab your chance and po your question at the source: http://www.fotoimpex.de/anglicus/index.html
    I'll ask for 18x24 cm sheet film for my old Russian FKD plate camera.