Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adox film sale

Re: Adox film sale

Quote Originally Posted by peter schrager View Post
    could someone give us a review of the new film here when they have tried it please!
    Best, Peter

It's only just become available so as yet there's no reviews. It won't be available in the US unless bought direct (and sent air mail) for a couple of months as it'll ship by sea and that's not fast. I know from experience I was involved in importing US made equipment to Europe. It can take a week just for the money transfer something that's instant here in Europe.

The feedback I have is that it'll be similar to the old emulsion but made to far higher standards as it's on ex Agfa coating machinery and has been updated with modern hardening.

Ian

Sounds good, I can wait and hope they come to NA.

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    It's only just become available so as yet there's no reviews. It won't be available in the US unless bought direct (and sent air mail) for a couple of months as it'll ship by sea and that's not fast. I know from experience I was involved in importing US made equipment to Europe. It can take a week just for the money transfer something that's instant here in Europe.

The feedback I have is that it'll be similar to the old emulsion but made to far higher standards as it's on ex Agfa coating machinery and has been updated with modern hardening.

Ian
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by peter schrager View Post
    correction...you can go on apug but you can't access the classifieds or post in that forum...
    Correction to the correction -- APUG non-paying members (non-subscribers) have full access to classified ads there. The only restrictions on non-subscribing members are the inability to access the galleries or advertise their own items in the classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Correction to the correction -- APUG non-paying members (non-subscribers) have full access to classified ads there. The only restrictions on non-subscribing members are the inability to access the galleries or advertise their own items in the classifieds.
    A membership is still required which makes the link less effective for someone who doesn't want to join just to view a post.

Adox film sale

When I followed the link, I landed on a page telling me I had to be a subscriber to go further.

I have nothing against APUG, but this is a non-commercial site and we have guidelines about posting links to information that requires payment to read.

Rick "not a member of APUG, with barely enough time to keep up with forums where he is a member" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    When I followed the link, I landed on a page telling me I had to be a subscriber to go further.

I have nothing against APUG, but this is a non-commercial site and we have guidelines about posting links to information that requires payment to read.

Rick "not a member of APUG, with barely enough time to keep up with forums where he is a member" Denney
    As a moderator please respect the fact that some Industry stalwarts can't be involved in every forum and Ilford, Adox (Fotoimpex) etc happen to have chosen APUG to be their way of addressing many of us, it's not a commercial site like Photonet but it does have to break even and pay it's way, it's a very much larger site than this one so incurs higher running costs. You constantly post negatively about the site if that's what you want to do then don't do it as a Moderator. here.

People post links to APUG in the general interests of all the membership here, please respect that. No one on APUG EVER knocks this website and and many of us there refer people to this site for it's excellent LF coverage.

Guidelines are fine but common sense more important particularly when both sites have a large common membership (of LF users) and information is cross posted to be helpful to all.

Ian

Lachlan 717

Pity they've not listed any 7x17, 8x20 or 12x20; all sizes seemingly "popular" ULFs.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Pity they've not listed any 7x17, 8x20 or 12x20; all sizes seemingly "popular" ULFs.
    Try asking Mirko, he's very helpful. Maybe he'll do special orders.

Ian

I posted negatively? My decision not to be a member there is a slam?

Normally, we don't allow commercial posts at all, except as one-time announcements. So, i moved this post. But we also have this guideline:

"Links to published articles - Direct links (i.e. not through index pages that contain promotional text or blatant advertising) to on-topic published articles are OK to post, as long as those pages are freely available to all (i.e. no paid subscription required), and do not require further contact with the poster to gain access."

I wish only the best to our friends at APUG, but our guidelines are our guidelines. If someone makes an announcement here of something posted there, we ask that they follow the guidelines.

Rick "thank you" Denney

Apug does NOT require a paid subscription to be a member. Members can view the hread posted by the op just fine without spending a dime. Are you guys talking about the sampe apug.org as I am? This thread is derailed, glad I could help.