Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Adox film sale

Re: Adox film sale

Here is one comparison I made, both processed in Rodinal 1+50. CHS II rated at 100 and FP4 rated at 125. There are some odd marks in the sky on the Adox, upper right side - no idea what these are, more likely to be my fault than some film problem. I've downsized this jpeg so it fits on the screen - the original scans are much bigger so I can look in detail at the dark and light areas and there is not much difference between the two films. A few months ago I was comparing FP4 to Foma 200 and the differences were significant, with Ilford being superior.

Karl,

Who did they use for shipping? Do you have any idea why US customs apparently took so long? Also, what if anything were the customs or other charges (e.g. local taxes)? I am planning to import some paper, so I am particularly interested in your experience with customs. Thank you! And good luck with your testing.

[QUOTE=karl french;1093991]3 weeks door to door from Berlin to San Francisco. Most of that was in US Customs. $114 for the 25 sheet box of 8x10. $40 for shipping ]

They ship via DHL which then hands it off to the USPS for delivery. The time in customs was pretty typical in my experience for film. My last order from Maco Direct (as opposed to Fotoimpex) took almost exactly the same time. I'm not sure why lenses and such seem to get through US Customs faster. No additional charges.

Thank you!

I should also note that my shipping charge was a little bit more expensive because I opted to pay with Paypal. Just seemed easier to me.

Quote Originally Posted by karl french View Post
    I should also note that my shipping charge was a little bit more expensive because I opted to pay with Paypal. Just seemed easier to me.
    Okay. Got it. Not sure yet how I will handle shipping. Thanks again.