Thread: Quick release ball head for TOYO AII

Quick release ball head for TOYO AII

I have just bought an anti-twist quick release plate for my TOYO AII. To my surprise it does not fit into my Arca Swiss B1 quick release plate. Does any body know any good quick release ball head that will work w/ the Toyo plate? How about the Bogen 468?

I just use a simple, fairly small, flat RRS/arca plate - make it nice and tight, I've never had it twist - in fact I use the exact same plate on my Phillips 8x10 - i't never twisted on that either
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

You mention both a QR plate and a ballhead and I am not sure i see that they need to be linked. All of the ballheads I know of will use any QR system you choose. I prefer the Arca type system for a number of reasons: 1) there are los of chocies, 2) the plates lock solid with no twist 3) depending on which supplier you choose, plates can be had at very attractive prices. For example I have three 2.5" plates from Newtech that cost me $20 each as opposed to $40 for a 3" Arca Swiss plate I have. See Newtech's offerings at: http://www.newtechmachineco.com/

They don't make anything fancy but their quality is fine.

actually, I see they make one with an anti twist lip just for the 45A (obviously weighs more than just the small almost square one)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Beverly Hills, California

The Really Right Stuff "B27" plate functions well as an antitwist plate on the bottom of the Toyo 45AII for use on Arca Swiss B1 universal quick release ball head.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/body_plates/4x5/index.html

thanks everybody for your input. I will return the Toyo mounting plate that costs me a small fortune ($150) and buy the plate that you guys recommend. Does any of you live in either Southern or Northern CA who can give me some private lessons on how to you the Toyo AII? At the mean time, I am trying to digest the info posted by QT Luong in the large format website.