Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kodak enlarging ektanon f:4.5 10in

Re: kodak enlarging ektanon f:4.5 10in

Um, what are you going to use for a shutter?

Peter, what is an Elwood 'bowl mount'? I have 4 Elwoods and have no idea!

My 10" Kodak lens mounted with a flange to a wood lens board. All obtained separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    I have one. I'd put in on a camera, but it's in an Elwood bowl mount, and I haven't been able to remove it from the mount. I doubt it would cover 8x10 at infinity.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post

From one Canadian to another ... thank you for posting this valuable chart ! A fellow Hamiltonian, I worked in the steel mills of Dofasco at one time.

Covering at enlargement magnifications doesn't mean it'll cover 8x10 at infinity. For example, at 1:1 magnification it'll cover twice what it would at infinity.
    Thank you Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Um, what are you going to use for a shutter?
    I haven't got that far yet !

Randy, I'll take a picture tomorrow. It allows the lens to be tilted without needing to tilt the lens board. It's like nested bowls, with two pivot pins along the edge. When a knob is loosened, the bowl with the lens can pivot while staying nested in the other bowl, which keeps the system light tight.

If the lens is super cheap, then give it a try. If not, then you might want to keep a look out for a 240mm G-claron or similar. Those will give 8x10 stopped down. In a barrel, they aren't that expensive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lensboard.JPG  
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I have one. I have never used but somebody clearly considered it worth using as a taking lens as it came attached to a 5x7 Eastman View Camera.

Hi Peter, I just noticed you added the picture. Yes, now I recognize it from the owners manual. Unfortunately even plain Elwood lens boards are more rare than the very rare intact enlargers. I have a 5x7 and a 8x10 set up and operational, nice they use the same lensboards.

I suppose I don't really need the adjustable lens board or the tilting table that was also an accessory.

I will try to follow Deardorff motto of get the image perspective, projection correct in camera instead of in post.

I do have the aluminum Elwood reduction extension lens board, which is cool, but I have not really thought of a practical usage.

I often use the 5x7 as a copy stand.

Randy, I'll take a picture tomorrow. It allows the lens to be tilted without needing to tilt the lens board. It's like nested bowls, with two pivot pins along the edge. When a knob is loosened, the bowl with the lens can pivot while staying nested in the other bowl, which keeps the system light tight.

If the lens is super cheap, then give it a try. If not, then you might want to keep a look out for a 240mm G-claron or similar. Those will give 8x10 stopped down. In a barrel, they aren't that expensive.
    Tin Can

"5x7" being an important element of that line of reasoning.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know