Thread: 120 Apo-Symmar L on Master Technika

120 Apo-Symmar L on Master Technika

I was wondering if anyone has tried that combination. I'm particularly interested in knowing if my MT2000 will fold with the lens mounted.

120mm is my favorite focal length and when I'm in the city I use my 120SSHM since it has more coverage. I'd love a small lens that would fold into my Technika to use as a backup and for work outside of the city where I don't need to use as much lens rise.

So has anyone tried it? Or Bob, do you know if it will work? i know I could go with the 135 Apo-Sironar-S, that's my second choice and I know it will fold. But I do really like a nice 120mm...

Re: 120 Apo-Symmar L on Master Technika

I am sure it will, if apo sironar s 135 will fit. the Apo symmar 120 is tiny.

That lens requires a 001047 recessed 6mm lens board for the Master, the 2000 and the 3000. If the lens diameter is no larger in diameter then the 150S and no longer then the 150S then it will close in the camera using that board.

Thanks Ed and Bob. I know I can fold my MT2000 with the 150 Apo-Sironar-S even on a flat board, even though that's not supposed to work. I'm not sure if the new 120 Apo-Symmar L is larger than the older non-L version. But a photographer I found online with the same setup says it folds. I'll find out soon as one is on its way.

Also, bob, I guess this is OT but what is the proper way to use a 72XL on the MT? I normally use it on a flat board on my Technikardan, but if I wanted to use it on the MT, how would I do so? I may not bother since the lens is so great on the TK but I'm just curious.

A 120 apo-symmar L will fit inside a MT on a flat board without lens caps. At least mine does.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah A View Post
    Thanks Ed and Bob. I know I can fold my MT2000 with the 150 Apo-Sironar-S even on a flat board, even though that's not supposed to work. I'm not sure if the new 120 Apo-Symmar L is larger than the older non-L version. But a photographer I found online with the same setup says it folds. I'll find out soon as one is on its way.

Also, bob, I guess this is OT but what is the proper way to use a 72XL on the MT? I normally use it on a flat board on my Technikardan, but if I wanted to use it on the MT, how would I do so? I may not bother since the lens is so great on the TK but I'm just curious.
    It would have to be mounted on the 001015 Comfort board and also requires a special spacer ring that is only used with the 72mm.

I have a recessed lens board i bought specially for 72XL and i place it on my Shen Hao camera.

for 90mm and longer i don't think you will have an issue use a flat board whatever, i used one of my friend 120mm lens and it was fine on my flat lens board, so i think any wider than 90mm it may need a special board, you know about it anyway.