Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Polaroid 405 film holder only fits some 4x5 cameras?

Re: The Polaroid 405 film holder only fits some 4x5 cameras?

Well.... Looks like I have a less common version of 405 holder (Centered opening) Lots of folks are happy with them.

One thing I do implement when offering these not so common versions of the 405 is the "will-it-fit" tutorial program of which is working really well.

The potential customer is asked to photograph their 4x5 open back and lay a ruler in it for me to evaluate a fit or no fit.

So far this program works well.

I also offer "extended clearance" versions that have been working really well, first shot shows a photo that a potential customer would submit for evaluation, the other show the modified 405s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SpeedGraphic&Ruler.jpg   hybrd405b.jpg   clipon4-.jpg  

Oh man, that's exactly what I need! Please tell me you've got more of those and we can work some sort of exchange out or maybe even buy the parts to do the conversion myself?

An old thread, I know, but will the Polaroid 405 fit the Linhof Technika cameras?

Yes, generally speaking. See my post #3 on this thread about an uncommon variant - this one doesn't fit some cameras and has an off-center opening. But most of the 405's you find will work fine, or the Fuji version.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Yes, generally speaking. See my post #3 on this thread about an uncommon variant - this one doesn't fit some cameras and has an off-center opening. But most of the 405's you find will work fine, or the Fuji version.
    Thanks! I have a few Speed and Crown Graphics, all with the Graflock back. It would be nice be to use a 405 in the Techinka IV, as well...if I can find one for a decent price.

Haven't looked in ages, since selling my pair of 405's, but I thought prices had cratered a little while after Fuji discontinued all their 3x4 films. I had a huge stash of 3000B I decided I wasn't going to shoot in a timely manner so sold it all on, along with the holders and drying racks...

Just got my first Instax camera a few days ago, now waiting on a box of film to try it out. Hoping for good results to shoot casually on vacations and such for the wife's scrapbook .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome