Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlot : is this lens any good?

Darlot : is this lens any good?

Please have a look at this link: http://www.2dehands.be/foto-camera/l...arkt_uitvoer=1

That lens is for sale together with a camera that is said to be 3 meters long...

Is this just a curiosity or should I look into it further?

Thanks,
    Stefan

Re: Darlot : is this lens any good?

Links to current sales elsewhere is considered very naughty! Even if you absolutely no link with seller!

This is a standard Cone Darlot (Jamin successors) from around 1862. Value depends on size. These were made in tiny and really huge sizes - and lots in-between!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Links to current sales elsewhere is considered very naughty! Even if you absolutely no link with seller!

This is a standard Cone Darlot (Jamin successors) from around 1862. Value depends on size. These were made in tiny and really huge sizes - and lots in-between!
    Oh, I didn't read that here before, and I think I saw it done before.

Anyway, I have no link at all with the seller: I'm interested in the lens and camera. ..

Stefan

If you are really interested in the lens, it is not a particularly good idea to broadcast it here.

We have a number of very active nederlands members with very good taste!

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Cool, Thanks!!

Unless my reading of "Nederlands" is very wrong, this is "about 50cm long" which does make it worthy of note. I doubt whether Alex is very pleased, though!
    Seems to be an open auction with an ending time, which is extended for a couple of minutes whenever a bid is made. I hate this system!

Alex Timmermans

The add says it has been sold already. I think way to cheap. So someone had a bargain...
    "You dont take a picture, it's given to you"

www.alextimmermans.com
    www.collodion-art.blogspot.com
    email : collodion-art dot onsmail dot nl

Unless my reading of "Nederlands" is very wrong, this is "about 50cm long" which does make it worthy of note. I doubt whether Alex is very pleased, though!
    Seems to be an open auction with an ending time, which is extended for a couple of minutes whenever a bid is made. I hate this system!
    It indeed means about 50cm long. It's not really an auction: one can make an offer and the seller is always free to accept it, wait a bit longer, etc..

I bought the lens and camera.

The original lenscap is included.
    The lens is not 50 cm long: it's about 32 cm long (sunshade included), frontlens has a diameter of 10.5 cm and has the inscription "D.PAYSAGE".
    On the body it says "ANGne Mon JAMIN DARLOT, Sr OPTn Bte S.G.D.G. 14 r. Chapon Paris" and a serial number 24.471.
    There are letters in capital on different parts: on the sunshade, it says "E", then on the body, "C", on the first knob "H"' , on the part, after the inscription, that makes the transition between lensbody and the brass ring on the lens board, it says "B", on that ring " A", and on the black cone, it says "F".

I think it is the same as this one: http://collectiblend.com/Lenses/Darl...33cm-len).html

What do you think?

hehe - I love that system....

Stefan - you did good!

I have two of them - a tiny one and a huge one... your's is big..

what about the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    hehe - I love that system....

Stefan - you did good!

I have two of them - a tiny one and a huge one... your's is big..

what about the camera?
    The camera is still in my car: my (in general very understanding wife) does not want me to set it up in the "salon" :what:, so I'll take it to office tmorrow, set it up there and take some pictures that I'll post here.
    It's a belgian made studio camera; the seller told me it was made specifically for this lens, and it might be the only one ever made. She talked about this set with people at the photography museum in Antwerp; they should have more information. I'll contact them tomorrow too.