Thread: Agfa T2500 DuoScan Unlocking Lid

Agfa T2500 DuoScan Unlocking Lid

I have my brand-new-used Agfa T2500 on my desk in front of me and for the life of me I can't actually get the lid open.

I have put the 'lock' at the back of the scanner to the unlocked position. That doesn't seem to help. Moving the lock button (it isn't quite a button - you need to insert a coin to turn it) through the range of motion while trying to open the scanner top yields the same result. I am wondering if there is an issue with the locking button, or if there is a totally different solution out there. I haven't been able to source a PDF of the owner's manual so can't refer to that either. Any experienced owners - I would love to hear from you!

Andrew.

Re: Agfa T2500 DuoScan Unlocking Lid

Look on the bottom - there might be a shipping screw to lock the mechanism. I had one of these but it was a looonngggg time ago.

When I bought mine the little rubber feet on the lid had literally just gotten stuck, like suction cups, to the glass. I had to just pry the thing open.

The locking mechanism is only for the moving parts inside, not the lid.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

@Henry. No lock on the bottom that I could find.
    @Corran. Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't want to use the brute force method before checking in with people to see what their experience has been. I am out of town (and away from the scanner) until next week, so won't have an update for everyone until then.....

Andrew.

It should just open. One other thing to look at: The hinges at the rear are on posts. In other words, the top can be lifted straight off the unit by grabbing the front and rear. If you are trying to release the rubber feet, this may be helpful (less prying?) although I think I would try to just open it first.
    Caveat: I am looking at my Microtek 2500. To the best of my knowledge they are the same unit, but there could be subtle differences.

I still have one of the Agfa T2500 in operation. Corran is correct that the lock that you describe is only for the internal moving parts.
    The lid is on posts. You should be able to lift it straight up. Unless the shipper double side taped it down. I have a manual if you need a copy.

I agree, it should not have a user engaged lid or transport lock. But I had a Linotype scanner (supposedly also a German modified Mikrotek) whose hinges locked the lid in down position as soon as the transparency light sled moved out of the parking position. It might be difficult to get it out at the hinges in that state, as disengaging these involved half-opening the lid. The sled should reset to start as part of the power-up sequence.

Thanks to everyone for their help. The culprit was indeed the rubber 'feet' that are on the lid - they had become stuck to the scanner bed itself. For reference sake there are 4 feet - two toward the front and two toward the back, outside of the glass scanning surface itself. As Adamphotoman noted the lid itself is on posts, so it does come clean off.

In any case, the scanner is now happily purring away on a Windows 7 64 box with an Adaptec SCSI 29160n PCI card that has fully supported drivers for Win7 (http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support...60/asc-29160n/).

Thanks again to everyone for their help,

Andrew.