Thread: Ilex Paragon Anastigmat 6 1/2 inch (165mm) f4.5 lens I need Graflex lens board

Ilex Paragon Anastigmat 6 1/2 inch (165mm) f4.5 lens I need Graflex lens board

Hello everyone
    I just bought Ilex Paragon Anastigmat 6 1/2 inch (165mm) f4.5 lens for my Graflex Crown Graphic and I need to buy a lens board for this lens. It says on the lens that it is #3 Acme
    Does anyone knows what lens board should I get. I mean what hole size?
    Thanks

Re: Ilex Paragon Anastigmat 6 1/2 inch (165mm) f4.5 lens I need Graflex lens board

Check out the skgrimes.com website. It will be a custom size. Or possibly you can find on ebay.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

Re: Ilex Paragon Anastigmat 6 1/2 inch (165mm) f4.5 lens I need Graflex lens board

they are made out of thin aluminum - just hack it out with a hacksaw and file

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Check out the skgrimes.com website. It will be a custom size. Or possibly you can find on ebay.

Jon

Name: ______William Booth

Or buy one with a standard size copal hole (a size or so smaller than the size you need) and file out the hole to the required diameter with a hand file. I have done that for barrel lenses with graphic (stamped aluminum) boards, and it's a breeze.

I've also done it with hardwood Ansco boards, and that I do not as readily recommend (although after four hours of filing, the job gets done).

-William