Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak Master View 8x10.

Kodak Master View 8x10.

Sorry, i know there are quite a few threads about this brilliant camera.

Just want to make my own. I hope it's fine.

I bought my 8x10 KMV from Richard Wasserman here in the forum. It's been a long time and still i have a few days before i could get my hands on the camera.

Just curious if people here would like to share some info on things i need for the camera.

Anyone would like to share the exact dimension of the the lensboard for KMV? I might try to make some locally for future lenses.

Is the 5x7 back for this camera very rare? How about 4x10? Anyone tried 4x10 with this camera? I'm just curious.

Last thing. I have the original case for this camera. Anyone interested? I might sell or trade it since i bought a bag for the camera to carry it back to Iran and i won't be needing it but i have to check the weight first since it's in Manila already. Shipping overseas will be expensive. Let see..

Thanks guys!

Re: Kodak Master View 8x10.

I seem to recollect Michael Smith having had a batch of KMV lens boards made.
    Its worth a try
    http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/index_skip.html
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Thanks John, Yeah i contacted him before he is nice although i would like to make my own so i could save up a few $$$ for other things like chemistry and film.

What's so special about KMV lensboards?
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    They require a channel to be made, protruding from the board, in order to fit a groove on the front end.
    I've seen Michael's boards, and while they are very well-made, I, too, would rather spend $150 on film than on one lens board.

They are not hard to make yourself.
    Get some 1/8" thick aluminum, cut to 6x6 inches, and fix some black velcro of 1/4" width to the outer edge of the back of the lens board.
    I made five this way, including a Technika adapter board, and it cost me about $150 including cutting and drilling the aluminum.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    They're a custom design with a molded-in light lock. I converted my KMV to take 6x6 boards so I can use the same boards on my Kodak 2D and B&J 8x10's. If you're using more than 3 or 4 lenses, or want to use them on other cameras, it's worth doing such a conversion.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Iran?
    I just came back with my Deardorff 810 from Iran the day before yesterday.
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Thank you Ari! I'm quite broke right now so it's better for me to spend a little on lensboard.

So the board dimension is exactly 6x6" like the dorff? This is a bit confusing because there is no absolute info about KMV lensboard dimension online.

I've seen your boards last time but it would be more cheaper for me to source it locally than paying extra on shipping. I've been burned with shipping stuff to Iran lately so i have to stop it for a while since i will be on vacation in Manila. Much easier to source stuff there than here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    They require a channel to be made, protruding from the board, in order to fit a groove on the front end.
    I've seen Michael's boards, and while they are very well-made, I, too, would rather spend $150 on film than on one lens board.

They are not hard to make yourself.
    Get some 1/8" thick aluminum, cut to 6x6 inches, and fix some black velcro of 1/4" width to the outer edge of the back of the lens board.
    I made five this way, including a Technika adapter board, and it cost me about $150 including cutting and drilling the aluminum.

Yes pierre506. I live here with my family. I would like to see some of your LF shots in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre506 View Post
    Iran?
    I just came back with my Deardorff 810 from Iran the day before yesterday.

In hindsight, wish I had SKGrimes make me an adapter board for the KMV, such as for Linhoff/ShenHao lensboards. As you add lenses to your kit, or interchange with other cameras, it would be money well spent. Would suspect someone in your neighborhood could do the same.
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith