Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What paint should I use on sheet film holders where the white notes area is missing?

Re: What paint should I use on sheet film holders where the white notes area is missi

I have a Brother TZ Label Printer and use it to create the numbers I assign to each side of the film holders.

What I wanted to do was create a surface that I can write on. The plastic labels you mentioned and mine are too slick to write on.

Re: What paint should I use on sheet film holders where the white notes area is missi

Perhaps just cover with a liquid paper type of correction fluid or the newer correction tapes. The surfaces are meant to be written on.

Lou,

Fair enough. I will give it a try then report back here.

Terry

Jim Sidinger

I have successfully used tape as well but not electrical tape as Drew suggested (although that is not a bad idea). I use white, first aid waterproof, adhesive tape. I bought 1/2" width and trim it with X-acto knife to an exact fit and use fine point permanent black marker to number holder and indicate film type. Rather than try to erase when I change film type (I date the load on the freezer zip lock bag I keep the holder in), I just remove existing tape and cut another. Cheap, easy and reasonably good looking replacement for original styrene.

Drew Wiley

My objection to liquid paper correction fluid is that it's just basically white shellac with a very fast solvent, and will get brittle with age and UV exposure, potentially
    spalling off in annoying little bits of white dust and going somewhere you don't want it. In other words, I wouldn't use it for that application myself.

Drew, good point. Per your advice, I won't try it.

Thanks,
    Terry