Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyo 45gx - how to get more extension?

Toyo 45gx - how to get more extension?

Ok, so I have a Toyo 45gx with 2x 24" rails. The bellows are stretched to the max using both rails.

I assume since everything is so modular, that I could add a rail, bellows and front standard and extend it out further. Is this true? Would it have to be another 45gx?

Re: Toyo 45gx - how to get more extension?

You should be able to, the GX is part of the G series, so any G accessories will be usable.
    Most Toyo standards have sliding locks on the front and back, so attaching an extra bellows is easy.
    I seem to remember something about being able to use a maximum of three rails, but maybe someone here, more knowledgeable than I, can confirm that.

Thanks!

I can see needing 2 tripods to keep it stable.

You may be right about two tripods, but then again...
    I once had a three-rail set-up with the 810G, and I didn't experience any vibration even though it was all on one tripod.
    At the time I had one of those big Manfrotto (4x4-inch) QR plates that fit the tripod base nicely.
    So don't rush out and buy another tripod because it looks like the GX is much lighter than the G.

You should be able to use an auxilliary standard rather then having to buy a complete front standard. Aux. standards are the way most cameras add extreme extensions.

____

>> Ok, so I have a Toyo 45gx with 2x 24" rails.

Hi Jeff!

Are you sure that your two (2) 'existing' Monorails are both 24" (i.e. 600mm)??? Something doesn't quite sound right here (*Unless of course you are using a 'Non-Stock' Camera of course).
    --
    AFAIK... The 'Basic Rail' (with two Female ends) for the Toyo GX/Robos Cameras was always 250mm AND the length of 'Extension Rails' (One Male end and One Female end)... That were previously offered for the Toyo GX/Robos Cameras -- Was either 150mm or 250mm.

*Of course, Toyo did offer a longer Extension Rail... For the earlier 'G' Series Cameras (G, GB, GII) of 500mm in Length.
    --

>> The bellows are stretched to the max using both rails.
    Jeff, I assume that you are presently using a Toyo 4x5 'Long Bellows' (extends to 30" (750mm) ) and not just the Toyo Standard Bellows)???
    --

>> I seem to remember something about being able to use a maximum of three rails, but maybe someone here, more knowledgeable than I, can confirm that.
    Yes, Ari is partially 'correct' in his statement (but 99.9% accurate in his idea)...

I am quite sure, that this is the statement that Ari was previously referring to:

"Toyo 39mm diameter monorails fit all monorail cameras. Robos (*'Or GX Cameras' -- Italics Added) rails offer unlimited extension by means of continuous additional sections. G-system monorails allow maximum extension of 1250mm with the addition of two extensions on each side of the base monorail."

Thus as can be seen from the above cited statement Jeff... You could 'theoretically' continue to add 'Unlimited' *Extension Rails* to your Toyo GX Camera.
    However... The question of additional Standards, Bellows Support Frames, Bellows, Tripod Mounting Blocks/Plates and Tripods -- Is of course another story!
    --
    Best,

-Tim.
    ________
    Last edited by Taija71A; 31-Jul-2013 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
    ____

>> Ok, so I have a Toyo 45gx with 2x 24" rails.

Hi Bob!

Are you sure that your two (2) 'existing' Monorails are both 24" (i.e. 600mm)??? Something doesn't quite sound right here (*Unless of course you are using a 'Non-Stock' Camera of course).
    --
    AFAIK... The 'Basic Rail' (with two Female ends) for the Toyo GX/Robos Cameras was always 250mm AND the length of 'Extension Rails' (One Male end and One Female end)... That were previously offered for the Toyo GX/Robos Cameras -- Was either 150mm or 250mm.

*Of course, Toyo did offer a longer Extension Rail... For the earlier 'G' Series Cameras (G, GB, GII) of 500mm in Length.
    --

>> The bellows are stretched to the max using both rails.
    I assume that you are presently using a Toyo 4x5 'Long Bellows' (extends to 30" (750mm) ) and not just the Toyo Standard Bellows)???
    --

>> I seem to remember something about being able to use a maximum of three rails, but maybe someone here, more knowledgeable than I, can confirm that.
    Yes, Ari is partially 'correct' in his statement (but 99.9% accurate in his idea)...

I am quite sure that this is the statement that Ari previously read at one time:

"Toyo 39mm diameter monorails fit all monorail cameras. Robos (*'Or GX Cameras' -- Italics Added) rails offer unlimited extension by means of continuous additional sections. G-system monorails allow maximum extension of 1250mm with the addition of two extensions on each side of the base monorail."

Thus as can be seen from the above cited statement Bob... You could 'theoretically' continue to add 'Unlimited' *Extension Rails* to your Toyo GX Camera.
    However... The question of additional Standards, Bellows Support Frames, Bellows, Tripod Mounting Blocks/Plates and Tripods -- Is of course another story!
    --
    Best,

-Tim.
    ________
    I think you're right - they are marked 1 - 24 but those might be centimeters. I'll measure it when I get home.

____

>> I think you're right - they are marked 1 - 24 but those might be centimeters. I'll measure it when I get home.

Hi Jeff,

No problem at all...
    Yes, that definitely makes a lot more sense Jeff!
    --
    At the present time... My 'guessestimate' is, that you are definitely using the Toyo GX/Robos 250mm 'Basic Rail' with one (1) Additional Toyo GX/Robos 250mm 'Extension Rail'.
    --
    If I can be of any other further assistance to you... Please feel free to just ask or shoot me a PM -- Okay? Thank-you.
    --
    Best,

-Tim.
    ________
    Last edited by Taija71A; 31-Jul-2013 at 10:45.

So, if I had another identical kit (45GX and 2 rails) I could link them together? That's my plan then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    So, if I had another identical kit (45GX and 2 rails) I could link them together? That's my plan then.
    Best to check on the 3-rail issue first, and see which rails you will be using; the male/female part is important, as it will limit the number of rails possible.
    Adding extra standards should be no problem, as would be the bellows.