Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: early aperture systems

early aperture systems

I couldn't get Eric's page to open, but the page Jason contributed looks familiar and I think it is the one I was searching for so I'll stop looking. I notice down in the lower left corner the word "Englisch", so apparently the chart is from an English translation of a German original. J.M. Eder's Handbook of Photography would be my first guess. I have a copy, but not at hand. Many years ago, I constructed a chart showing these systems and more and nearly drove myself batty doing it. You'd think I would then have carefully preserved a copy of the publication it was printed in. Well, maybe I have it somewhere.

Jason, computers are weird. On my screen your chart is black, but it prints green. Thanks for providing the answer.

Dan, sometimes the barrel for a set of convertible lens cells will be marked in millimeters also. The chart that goes with the set is usually lost, of course, joining all the Waterhouse stops and single socks. I suspect that instruction sheets for your lenses probably existed but have met the same fate.

multiplex

early aperture systems

thanks jason!