Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voigtlander plate camera

Voigtlander plate camera

Hallo,

I want to ask about Voigtlander plate camera it's a view camera with a small 6x9 cm plate.

A will use it as a daguerreotype camera.

I don't have any film holders for it. My question: Are the holders standarised?

Do Ikon or Agfa 6x9 holder will fit in?

Thanks.
    Łukasz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vl.jpg  

Re: Voigtlander plate camera

The holders are for plates, but they made sleeves/adapters that go into the plate holder to hold one film.
    Picture here.

The film is 6.5 x 9cm. I leave it to you to search for some. Best of luck.

(Your camera is either a Maximar or Zeiss Ikon. Same camera.)

Voigtlander used different types of plate holders over the years. Other brands may fit, but you'll have to try them (there are a few "standard" types).

That being said, your camera doesn't look like a Voigtlander brand camera to me

Cheers.

Tim

I know that it looks different - I bougth it because I never seen anything like this.

The lens is voigtlander anastigmat skopar 1:4,5 10,5cm and on the back of the screen is voigtlander name.

The diameter of the screen is 6x9 cm not 6,5x9 cm

I do not know what it is, maybe some one would tell me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vl1.jpg   vl2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Łukasz Owsianka View Post
    The diameter of the screen is 6x9 cm not 6,5x9cm
    Actual film area exposed is smaller than the film due to the film retaining rails. Your camera's ground glass should be showing what will be in the picture rather than the full film area.

I don't think this is a Voigtländer either, although it has similarity to the first V.A.G version!
    The GG/hooded back from many other German 6.5x9cm from the 20's will fit and yours has come from a busted Voigtländer. This is fortunate for you as you can get plate holders (and film pack holders - which would be good for wetplate) quite easily.
    I have just realised that I have never seen a film pack back for 6.5x9cm - just the 9x12cm version - so this may be faulty info!

Mr. Steve Tribe: "I have just realized that I have never seen a film pack back for 6.5x9cm - just the 9x12cm version - so this may be faulty info!"
    Are you referring to the multiple-sheet film feeders or the single sheet film holders (which are plate holders with sleeves for film)? If the later, then I have several.

An aside to the OP: Lenses for the Zeiss Ikon or Maximar are interchangeable. They are the same camera. Zeiss acquired Maximar. It could be that someone traded lenses. That is not a bad thing at all as long as they focus the same. Be happy. It is an entirely important and fun camera. Please enjoy! (If you can find film). The lenses shot wide open have swirly bokeh, for better or worse.

Jac

The former - I have had lots of half-used packs in them. The tab system always gives up the ghost when I have tried to make new exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    The former - I have had lots of half-used packs in them. The tab system always gives up the ghost when I have tried to make new exposures.
    I do, too, Steven. Two 9x12 pack feeders in original boxes. I have no clue on how to use them. Silly me.

renes

I have and use Voigtlander 6x9 film pack holder as "better" viewing and framing part - I put in it a groud glass - of my 6x9 Bergheil. Have also a few original 6x9 holders but use two Rada roll film back. Actually Bergheil 6x9 is my main camera - it took a little time to get to used to it - it's very light, I adapted about 12 lenses to it including 3 petzvals, 6 1/2" Verito, a few meniscus, Dagors and Artar. I really love it, better than Graflex Century 6x9 I had and sold.