Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The last batch of 8x10 Velvia 50

Re: The last batch of 8x10 Velvia 50

On a side note, last winter (I think that was the timeframe) Jeff at Badger Graphics was told to take all the orders he could. Fuji told him there was plenty. He ended up not being able to fulfill about half of his orders. Now I don't know how many boxes that was, he did say it was substantial. Seems Fuji could have handled this better, but then again, I guess they can sell to whomever they want. They may have left some money on the table by not doing one last final order. I know I would have bought at least 100 sheets.

Old School Wayne

Re: The last batch of 8x10 Velvia 50

Huh. I didn't know there was a documentary EITHER. Guess I need to step out of my cave more often. Thanks for educating me. I have one of his B&W books and am fond of his work but had no idea about the color, the chrome, the documentary...

Quote Originally Posted by David R Munson View Post
    In the documentary about him, he's shown sorting through huge stacks of 8x10 transparencies. I have a few of his newer books with his color work and they're predictably very nice. One of them has reproductions that really bug me because at one point I noticed how clear the screening was, but the work itself is excellent. I still prefer his older, monochrome stuff, but I tend to prefer mono over color anyway so again that isn't exactly the fault of the work.