Thread: 11880 vs IPF9400

11880 vs IPF9400

Anyone done side-to-side comparisons? Mostly concerned about color, detail, etc. Not so much, B+W.

Ready? Set? Go!

Re: 11880 vs IPF9400

I have the IPF9400 and the IPF9000 both cannon. I assume the 11880 is the Epson.

IMO both machines are quite good, not sure how this test would be done, unless the same person is profiling both machines to a standard to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I have the IPF9400 and the IPF9000 both cannon. I assume the 11880 is the Epson.

IMO both machines are quite good, not sure how this test would be done, unless the same person is profiling both machines to a standard to work from.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping someone has done.

Or, at the very least, run the same image using canned profiles on both machines on the same (3rd party) substrate.
    ____

The printer would see varied use: higher-end use by faculty (e.g. pro RIP) and lower-end use by students (Epson/Canon printer software)

Tom
    I have owned Epson and Cannon, I really think you cannot go wrong with the varied use you are describing with Cannon or Epson, they are both excellent vendors.

To see the optimum of each printer one would need to profile each machine equally , by an expert technician and make prints , just getting canned profiles will not cut it IMO.

I will point this out that the Cannon does borderless printing and is 12 inks vs 9 inks for the Epson and this was a deciding factor for us.

Quote Originally Posted by false_Aesthetic View Post
    That's exactly what I'm hoping someone has done.

Or, at the very least, run the same image using canned profiles on both machines on the same (3rd party) substrate.
    ____

The printer would see varied use: higher-end use by faculty (e.g. pro RIP) and lower-end use by students (Epson/Canon printer software)

I profiled an Epson 9900 and a Canon 8300 when each were new, on the same papers, both fine art and photo, with the same software. While it was informative, there's more to the story than comparing gamuts... My results won't be relevant to the printers you have asked about, just saying there are a variety of factors to consider, paper handling for example... roll vs sheet etc..
    Tyler