Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constantly having to Log In.

Re: Constantly having to Log In.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    Ralph, I noticed that Wayne (post #1) has had the experience of never having to log in. I've never ever had that experience, and I have to keep logging in after being timed-out. My cookies are in place ok. Normally I log out at day's end and log in the next day, but the time-outs are constant. Is there any way around the time-outs?
    The inactivity time-out is currently set to 3600 seconds (1 hour), so, in theory, if one doesn't do "something" for an hour, their login session will be terminated. I'm not aware of any way around this, but those who seem to stay logged in "forever" apparently have a different value stored in one of their cookies. I'll ask Tom about this.

I've had firefox automatically block cookies from here and apug, preventing one from staying logged in.

I did do a minor version upgrade last quarterly maintenance window. You might need to manually delete all your existing largeformatphotography.info cookies in each browser you use & log in manually to see if that helps.

For what its worth, I did not have to do anything special after the upgrade. Login behavior has not changed in either Safari (macbook pro) or Firefox 21.0. Maybe check you're not in Private browsing mode or are deleting cookies when the browser exits.

I had just instituted private browsing mode. Must be it.

I don't know how to get into private browsing mode, so I doubt that I am. Anyway, I've ceased logging out at the end of each day and now I'm happy - timeouts are no longer happening. Is this just dumb luck?

Go to Tools >Options >Privacy in the menu bar.

I had done that, but not sure which selection(s) are needed. They're not self-explanatory.

I'm having the same issue on Safari 6.0.3 and Firefox. I click the remember me button and log in. When I log in and close the window and go back to the forums I need to log back in, if I'm idle for a while I need to log back in. Very Annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Crider View Post
    I had just instituted private browsing mode. Must be it.
    Private browsing modes aren't supposed to remember it's you, though I can certainly appreciate you wanting to cover your tracks when here.