Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: storage/carrying options for ULF gear?

Re: storage/carrying options for ULF gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    I've used the Tenba Car Cases and have been happy with them. The CC17 is what I used when I had the 10x12...
    The car cases are very minimalist, with no pouches, pockets or compartments and as such, are lightweight. They do the basic job well, but you still need to be careful hauling the camera around.
    I just received from B&H a Tenba CC-22 Car Case for the 14x17. It fits like it was made for it. It's a nice bag, cordura with an internal structure of closed-cell foam and corrugated plastic. It does provide some protection and a bit of padding.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

I like carrying the film holders and the lenses separate from the camera. It just weighs too much anyway all put together. Dividing the load into other bags lets me distribute it better both in the car and on my body for carrying it. But to each his own. It's a lot of work however you do it.

[QUOTE=Vaughn;1037798]I have a MEI Trekker for my 8x10. It has been working great.

http://www.meipacks.com/

I have the Trekker for my Phillips 7x17 and four holders plus three lenses. The MEI packs are outstanding quality in their construction, especially the support system.

Cheers

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    I just received from B&H a Tenba CC-22 Car Case for the 14x17. It fits like it was made for it. It's a nice bag, cordura with an internal structure of closed-cell foam and corrugated plastic. It does provide some protection and a bit of padding.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

I like carrying the film holders and the lenses separate from the camera. It just weighs too much anyway all put together. Dividing the load into other bags lets me distribute it better both in the car and on my body for carrying it. But to each his own. It's a lot of work however you do it.
    That's the same bag I have for my Canham 14x17. While in theory I can fit the film holder bag inside that bag along with the camera, that's pushing it, and I certainly don't want to carry it that way for any distance beyond from the house to the trunk of the car. But it's a great bag for the camera.

One more re-purposed piece of Tenba equipment is my 16x20 portfolio case which is just right for carrying three S&S 14x17 film holders.