Hi,

I may get a hold on a Scanview Scanmate 5000 and I’m wondering if it will give the results I need. I mean how does the quality compare to a scan done by a pro lab on a newer Imacon (or Hasselblad as it’s called now) or a newer drum scanner? And how will the quality be compared to an Epson v750?

I assume that the sharpness will be really good with the scanmate, but how are the colors and tonality? I read the blog post linked to below and Simon Kennedy says about the color and tonality that there is “a difference that is striking in a similar way that editing RAW digital files gives much better results than editing in-camera jpegs”. But is that true for the Scanmate 5000? I mean since the lab he used probably use a newer drum scanner…

http://www.simonkennedy.net/blog/arc...d-vs-drum-scan

I want to be able to print the pictures really big for exhibitions. So sharpness, color and tonality are all really important to me. If the Scanmate 5000 just gives me OK results, then I’ll rather send the important pictures to a pro lab and scan the rest on a flatbed.

Thanks in advance