Thread: Linhof TK / Master Technika Bellows

Xingqiwu

Linhof TK / Master Technika Bellows

Does anyone know if bag bellows from the Technikardan can be used on a Linhof Master Technika (older model)? THANKS!

Re: Linhof TK / Master Technika Bellows

So far as I know, the bellows on the Master Technika is not interchangeable.

Nor, do I believe, would they be of compatible sizes.
    The TK uses a different style of tapered bellows, and these require special frames.
    As far as I know the MT's bellows are glued to the camera.

No, the TK 45 bellows is a double tapered design. It is much bigger in the middle then at either end and would not fit into the body of a Master Technika 45 or any older 45 Technika. The Technika bellows is a single taper design. The back tapers to a smaller front.

Also, as indicated in earlier replies, the TK is an interchangeable bellows so it has bellows frames. The Technika is a fixed bellows without frames. The smallest frame on the TK 45 bellows is too large for the Technika front standard anyway.

Xingqiwu

Thanks ALL! The reason for my query: I picked up an older model Master Technika in overall great condition in Hong Kong a few weeks ago, which is en route back to the States, for what I believed to be a steal (2500 HK Dollars!), but the ground glass was broken and the bellows have significant light leaks. I'd planned on buying a Maxwell screen replacement and I have two sets of bellows for my TK. Considering the cost of a replacement bellows from Linhof, I've wound up not saving anything at all. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Weihan View Post
    Thanks ALL! The reason for my query: I picked up an older model Master Technika in overall great condition in Hong Kong a few weeks ago, which is en route back to the States, for what I believed to be a steal (2500 HK Dollars!), but the ground glass was broken and the bellows have significant light leaks. I'd planned on buying a Maxwell screen replacement and I have two sets of bellows for my TK. Considering the cost of a replacement bellows from Linhof, I've wound up not saving anything at all. Thanks again!
    Compared to the value of a Master Technika a new bellows is not that much. Contact Nippon Photoclinic in NYC for the current price.

Xingqiwu

Will do! Great tip, thanks!