Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apo Nikkor 610 mm f9

Apo Nikkor 610 mm f9

I just got one of these, new old stock in the box. It's never been mounted. Does anybody know what these sold for new?

Drew Wiley

Re: Apo Nikkor 610 mm f9

Depends what decade you'd want to target. There were made over quite a span, and inflation and dealer markup would amount to more than a 100% variable.
    Also depends on the exact lens formula. They were fairly expensive. The more recent dialytes might have sold for around $700 is the 70's. Today mint ones are
    all over the map in terms of asking price, right down to zero. Just depends who wants one bad enough. They are wonderful optics if you can find a shutter for one.

This appears to be fairly modern...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 390930688.149970.jpg   390930710.423715.jpg  

I picked up one a few years ago. New in box. I think I paid about $300.00 including shipping......

Thanks, I was a little more curious about how much retail was while they were still being made and sold.

Drew, all 610/9 Apo-Nikkors are dialytes. You may be thinking of the 600/9, which is a tessar type.

See http://www.galerie-photo.com/apo-pro...ikkors-en.html for what I think is an exhaustive list of Nikon process lenses giving design types and more.

From a Nikkor price list I got from Andrew Glover (about the only auction of his not to involve a story of haggis, a femme fatale, and one of Andrew's distant relatives). Note the price difference between OEM and MSRP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5055.jpg   IMG_5054.jpg  
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by evan clarke View Post
    This appears to be fairly modern...
    Congrats Evan! and enjoy this wonderful lens. You were faster than me at ebay. Itīs funny to know where one's lost auctions end. I was slower than you because I was searching data of the lens before clicking the buy it now. If I had the info provided by Dan before, This lens would be now in my bag.
    This lens has exactly the same mounting measures as my Apo Ronar 600/9 in its Sinar version, 110mm, so I could use it in the same board at no extra cost. I never tried an Apo Nikkor, but I saw some wonderful pictures taken with them, and my idea was to compare it with my actual 600/9, and if I were satisfied with the results, sell my Apo Sinaron 600/9, because they are
    searching crazy prices, and hold the Apo Nikkor.

Thanks, John. I almost bought one of these from Andrew but don't like to get caught up in auctions.

Hiend, I was vacillating on this one and even recommended it to someone else but finally woke up in the morning and my first thought was to buy it. I have been collecting these big lenses in anticipation of a move to 14x17 or 16x20 in the near future..Cheers, Evan

Evan, think again. Nominal 16 x 20's diagonal is 650 mm, actual should be a little smaller. A 610 Apo-Nikkor won't come close to covering it at infinity.

FYI, here's a link to the Apo Ronar section of Rodenstock's Process Lens Handbook: https://skydrive.live.com/#!/view.as...82&app=WordPdf

Read and, I'm sorry to suggest, weep. Remember that all too often process lenses claimed coverages are at 1:1, i.e., twice the coverage at infinity.