Thread: Arca Swiss LuIF 8x10 camera

Arca Swiss LuIF 8x10 camera

It was announced in Photokina 2012 but there's no news about it anywhere. Has anyone heard anything more?

Thanks

Re: Arca Swiss LuIF 8x10 camera

Ok... anything since what was mentioned in this thread?
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...s-11x14-camera

Re: Arca Swiss LuIF camera ((11x14")

Hello from the other side of the planet!
    To the best of my knowledge, the Arca Swiss LuIF camera is a 11x14". If you need a 8x10", F-line and M-line cameras offer the 8x10" format in various combinations of course.

If there is no comment here since my 2012 photokina report, the reason is probably that no reader of this forum (including myself) have acquired an Arca Swiss LulF camera so far.
    Or if they have one, they prefer to keep the information either confidential, or exclusive to other media that our LF Forums
    If you need one LulF camera, the best would be that you place a phone call to Rod Klukas in the USA
    http://rodklukas.com/ Arizona time = mountain = GMT -7
    or directly to Arca Swiss here in Besançon, France (+33) 381 854 060 French summer time = GMT+2
    and they'll tell you about availability.
    At A/S in Besançon several people are fluent in English (you can also speak German or French if you wish ) and you'll get the information directly.

Thanks for the details, Emmanuel! Can I please know the owner of the flickr images you have posted in the other thread because I want to have links to them from site and give credits. Thanks, again.

Quote Originally Posted by genotypewriter View Post
    Thanks for the details, Emmanuel! Can I please know the owner of the flickr images you have posted in the other thread because I want to have links to them from site and give credits. Thanks, again.
    Those pictures of the 11x14" A/S LulF camera are mine, taken at the A/S booth at the 2012 Photokina.
    Thanks for crediting and please feel free to re-use them as you wish.

General view, actually hardly readable ...

Details of the front fonction carrier

Details of the rear fonction carrier

Arca-Swiss

Since Photokina we have had several inquiries on the LULF 11x14 camera. Also comments from attendees. The camera is undergoing some redesign at the moment I understand from last conversation recnetly with Besancon. By the way, there will be an 8x10 reducing back available as well. However if you are looking for a full featured 8x10, and not an 11x14 necessarily, I would, as Emanuel said, consider 8x10 in Fline or M line.
    The 8x10 Misura is a great portable choice, as well, in the F line series. No furthur ETA as yet but I will inquire.
    Rod
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel BIGLER View Post
    Thanks for crediting and please feel free to re-use them as you wish.
    Too kind. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Klukas View Post
    Since Photokina we have had several inquiries on the LULF 11x14 camera. Also comments from attendees. The camera is undergoing some redesign at the moment I understand from last conversation recnetly with Besancon. By the way, there will be an 8x10 reducing back available as well. However if you are looking for a full featured 8x10, and not an 11x14 necessarily, I would, as Emanuel said, consider 8x10 in Fline or M line.
    The 8x10 Misura is a great portable choice, as well, in the F line series. No furthur ETA as yet but I will inquire.
    Rod
    Thank you for the informative replying, Rod. Is there a particular reason why this was made in 11x14 instead of 8x10? Not that I don't like bigger but I'm interested in knowing.

G

Hi, Rod and thanks for the information about the LuLF !

I had written for the British LF forum a more extensive report about manipulating the LuLF at the last Photokina in Cologne.

Read more about the Arca Swiss LulF (an more images about the photokina including the Arca Swiss booth) here
    http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/vie...hp?f=10&t=3570