Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy cheap custom lens boards? + Some lens board related questions.

Where to buy cheap custom lens boards? + Some lens board related questions.

Tried to search for a thread touching this subject, but couldn't find one.

Finally managed to buy a lens for my ansco universal 8x10. Who makes cheap, but well functioning lens boards? Poor aesthetics don't bother me.

Would it be smarter to have a lens board made that can hold a common size lens board for future mounting of other lenses (my version takes giant 7.5" x 7.5" boards)?

Any other insightful comments would be appreciated.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

Re: Where to buy cheap custom lens boards? + Some lens board related questions.

i found a Chinese guy on ebay makes sinar boards cheap
    through a glass darkly...

You can have a Sinar adapter made for your 7.5 x 7.5 board; Sinar boards are inexpensive, ubiquitous, and can hold a wider variety of lenses than can Technika boards.

There's nothing to these Agfa Ansco boards, why not make your own. One of my Agfa Ansco 10x8 cameras came with 4 spare boards so I haven't needed to make more but I make them for my other cameras quite regularly.

Ian

Cogito, ergo sum

I can make some for you. Not wood but aluminium composite (light and quite flexible) and "kind of MDF" - I dont know what it's called in English (heavy and tough). Price is about $10 - $30
    IMO the best solution is make a 7 1/2 to 6x6 reducing board, then use 6x6 board for all your lenses. 6x6 Kodak 2D board is compact, large enough for almost 8x10 lenses and easy to make.
    Life = Love + Passion + Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    You can have a Sinar adapter made for your 7.5 x 7.5 board; Sinar boards are inexpensive, ubiquitous, and can hold a wider variety of lenses than can Technika boards.
    Sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    There's nothing to these Agfa Ansco boards, why not make your own. One of my Agfa Ansco 10x8 cameras came with 4 spare boards so I haven't needed to make more but I make them for my other cameras quite regularly.

Ian
    Unfortunately I don't own any tools - I'm a college student.

Quote Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
    I can make some for you. Not wood but aluminium composite (light and quite flexible) and "kind of MDF" - I dont know what it's called in English (heavy and tough). Price is about $10 - $30
    IMO the best solution is make a 7 1/2 to 6x6 reducing board, then use 6x6 board for all your lenses. 6x6 Kodak 2D board is compact, large enough for almost 8x10 lenses and easy to make.
    I might take you up on this. I'll wait to see other input before I decide though. Thanks for the offer.

I've made a few adapter boards. Send me your large board and I can make a new sinar adapter. PM me

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I've made a few adapter boards. Send me your large board and I can make a new sinar adapter. PM me
    Sent you a pm vinny!

You could also consider an adapter for Linhof Technika boards, which are considerably smaller than Sinar boards. They are big enough to hold a #3 shutter, though. I mounted basically all my lenses on Technika boards and use adapters for my other cameras. Depends how heavy your lenses are, which one is the better solution.
    c&c always welcome!

"The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera." (W. Eugene Smith)

http://peter-yeti.jimdo.com

There is a guy on that action site who makes lens boards for Deardorf cameras that are pretty inexpensive - I've bought about a dozen from him in the past I'm guessing that as long as you gave him the dimensions, he could make them for you as well. Just do a search for Deardorf lens boards and you'll probably find him.