Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get a Sinar P gear rack?

Where to get a Sinar P gear rack?

I recently got an old Sinar P to upgrade my f2 and it turned out that a previous owner had ruined the front tilt gear rack. At first I thought it's no big deal to get the spare part and fix it. So, I called Sinar's authorised repair service to order the part. But no, they refused to sell it to me, basically telling me that I'm an incapable moron who can't repair this correctly, so it would break again soon. Then I called Sinar in Switzerland and they told me the same. Now I'm highly annoyed about Sinar and their policy. I'm not willing to spend $200+ for a repair, which I can do easily for $20.

So, does anyone here know of a source where I could get the replacement gear rack? Any info is highly appreciated.
    c&c always welcome!

"The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera." (W. Eugene Smith)

http://peter-yeti.jimdo.com

Re: Where to get a Sinar P gear rack?

George Brown (apogeebee on ebay) and Michael Ulsaker of Ulsaker Studios are authorized Sinar repairers, and may be willing to sell the required parts. Both have done repairs for me, and do a very good job quickly at a reasonable cost.

Kumar

Thank you for the info. I can give it a try.
    c&c always welcome!

"The world just does not fit conveniently into the format of a 35mm camera." (W. Eugene Smith)

Peter, if you find some $20 racks, let me know. The last one I bought from Sinar Bron for the rear of the 8x10 was around $45 or so.

Does anyone know if the fine focus rack for the Sinar Norma is still available anywhere? It is nylon or some such plastic, not brass as I expected it to be. My hope is it is the same part used on the P or F, but I don't really know.

Len

I'd even pay $50 but Sinar won't sell it to me. Obviously, they did sell the parts before, since you bought one. So, the Sinar representative even lied to me on the phone, pretending that they always followed that policy not to sell this part to end-consumers. What's wrong with Sinar nowadays? The price quote came from the service technician, who is not allowed to sell it.
    c&c always welcome!

Can you post a pic and show exactly which one you're looking for ... I do have a bunch of used spare parts that I salvaged from broken Sinar assemblies.

Here is a picture of the front standard with the broken gear rack marked. It's the gear for the front tilt. My feeling is that the rack is the same for front and rear bearer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar_p_1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	94963

Would be great if you had one in your collection and if you'd be willing to part with it.
    c&c always welcome!

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Amedeus View Post
    Can you post a pic and show exactly which one you're looking for ... I do have a bunch of used spare parts that I salvaged from broken Sinar assemblies.
    Just saw this post, looking for the same item (Sinar P Gear Rail for the Tilt Function) you don't happened to have one?
    Much Appreciated,
    Steve
    /Volumes/HD320/Users/michelande/Desktop/nnnn.JPG