Thread: Fuji Velvia 50 in room temp in the holders

Fuji Velvia 50 in room temp in the holders

I loaded some fuji velvia 50's in the film holders in January, but I only used 2-3 of them, but I left the rest in the holders and have placed them in cool part of my house. Will I be ok to use them?

what do you do with un-used film? do you place back in the fridge? Im not sure if that is possible

Gevork

Re: Fuji Velvia 50 in room temp in the holders

Should be fine... Only one way too find out!

Most modern color emulsions are fairly resistant to color shifts.
    It only becomes a problem with age or prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (Well maybe not extreme, but in the 80-90+ F range).

Remember we process Velvia at a farily high temperature!
    "I would like to see Paris before I die... Philadelphia will do..."

I wouldn't expect any problem, especially if the film was fresh. If it's for something important I wouldn't risk it.

Moisture might be a factor in wet climates if you have taken the holder with you a few times?

Unused film is an incentive for me to get out the door. I just go out and take a good long walk 'til I find something to shoot.

Still Developing

Quote Originally Posted by gmed View Post
    I loaded some fuji velvia 50's in the film holders in January, but I only used 2-3 of them, but I left the rest in the holders and have placed them in cool part of my house. Will I be ok to use them?

what do you do with un-used film? do you place back in the fridge? Im not sure if that is possible

Gevork
    I wouldn't leave it out of the fridge for any longer than 6 or 7 years...
    Still Developing at http://www.timparkin.co.uk and scanning at http://cheapdrumscanning.com

it has been in individual zip lock bags, in 70 degrees temp. in my closet or my office which harly eer gets a lot of sun light.

I think it should be ok. I just hate to waste it. I went to Yosemite, and Got to shoot only 2 slides. rest was with digital. Now I plan to go to the Sierras next month. Very excited.