Thread: Assistant job in NYC

Assistant job in NYC

Hi there,
    I will relocate to NYC and pursuit my professional career starting with assisting in NY. Can you throw out some ideas about where to look for the job? ASMP might help?

Re: Assistant job in NYC

Just sent you an email.

bdkphoto

Quote Originally Posted by yuexiachou29 View Post
    Hi there,
    I will relocate to NYC and pursuit my professional career starting with assisting in NY. Can you throw out some ideas about where to look for the job? ASMP might help?
    The ASMP NY chapter is a great place to start, lots of great networking and mentoring opportunities. Thomas Donley is the membership chair, and Frank Rocco is the President. Both will be happy to help you email- membership@asmpny.org feel free to let them know I recommended that you contact them, I was the membership chair for many years. Good luck.

thank you~

thank you for your advice. I am a ASMP member since Jan., and have great experiences so far. How about APA? I somehow saw something about geographical preference, it says APA is better than ASMP in NY. If you dealt with both before, could you point out the difference? thanks

bdkphoto

Quote Originally Posted by yuexiachou29 View Post
    thank you for your advice. I am a ASMP member since Jan., and have great experiences so far. How about APA? I somehow saw something about geographical preference, it says APA is better than ASMP in NY. If you dealt with both before, could you point out the difference? thanks
    I don't think that is true, however I am very biased since I am on the ASMP Board of Directors, ;-)). APA in NY has some great programming, my friend Tony Gale runs the assistant boot camp workshops for APA - I would recommend you look into that as well. It's excellent. There are many people who are members of both.