Thread: Toyo 45 Field Camera back piece

Toyo 45 Field Camera back piece

Hi dear forum

I accidentally destroyed the back piece of my Toyo Field 45 CF camera. When I unloaded a cassette I grabbed too hard and now it’s loose and does not hold tight. It doestn’t seem to miss anything. Someone who knows how to repair it?

Best M

loujon

Re: Toyo 45 Field Camera back piece

Hi Manolo & welcome to the forum!

Could you please post a photo or two of damaged with detail photos of the broken piece/pieces. Otherwise it will be hard to tell whats going on and how a fix may be made.

Aaah of course! Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4E44ABF-D510-49A8-9AFC-51BA1E6D48FB.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	200675

Name:	5F8F4CA8-9A8E-477F-975A-7AA6309DB5B0.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	200676

Exclamation Re: Toyo 45 Field Camera back piece

Quote Originally Posted by Manolo Photo View Post

Name:	5F8F4CA8-9A8E-477F-975A-7AA6309DB5B0.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	200676
    Does anybody know where I can get it fixed?

If you look at the GG focusing panel, you see the the arms that come off it, and near the panel side you see a little tab sticking out of them... There is the spring on the inside of the panel that needs to be lifted and held up until you can fold the arms down and the spring then will sit on top of those little tabs on the arms... Wrap a flat screwdriver with tape (to prevent scratching the panel) and lift them, then stick something like a point of a chopstick inside to hold it up, and try to manouver the tab under it... This may take a few tries, but it will go without removing spring... The arm is soft steel and bends easily, but sometimes you can bend it slightly out of the way, get the spring on, then bend it back into normal position... Careful you don't hit the GG and damage it, so you might remove it before repair...

Note that these do not like holders too thick in them, and might damage the above assembly, so always use care when using these...

Good luck!!!

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by labrat View Post
    if you look at the gg focusing panel, you see the the arms that come off it, and near the panel side you see a little tab sticking out of them... There is the spring on the inside of the panel that needs to be lifted and held up until you can fold the arms down and the spring then will sit on top of those little tabs on the arms... Wrap a flat screwdriver with tape (to prevent scratching the panel) and lift them, then stick something like a point of a chopstick inside to hold it up, and try to manouver the tab under it... This may take a few tries, but it will go without removing spring... The arm is soft steel and bends easily, but sometimes you can bend it slightly out of the way, get the spring on, then bend it back into normal position... Careful you don't hit the gg and damage it, so you might remove it before repair...

Note that these do not like holders too thick in them, and might damage the above assembly, so always use care when using these...

Good luck!!!

Steve k
    omg it worked!!!! Thank you!