Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Transfer Workshop

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Carbon Transfer Workshop

[Description]

I will be conducting a carbon transfer workshop on April 20th and 21st. This is a two day workshop but you will have the option to sign up for one day or two. Saturday is $175.00 and I will cover the process from start to finish. Sunday will be a day for review and printing and the cost is $100.00. So you can do one day or two. Minimum of two people and maximum is 6 people.I will supply everything you need including different papers to see the work, all of the negatives, though you should bring yours preferably 4x5 to 8x10 traditional negatives. If you have digital negatives that are tuned for the process we can print those as well. Everything is included even a light lunch. You will leave with hopefully a nice carbon print and a full understanding of the process. To reserve a space please send a deposit to: info@m56gallery.com. A $50.00 deposit is required by no later than April 10th. Deposits are refundable up to the 15th of April. Please send the deposits check, paypal, credit cards,money order to m-56 gallery to register for this workshop.

The workshop will be conducted in a nice gallery facility with a great space to have our workshop. I will donate some of the funds from this workshop to help support Matt Blais and his M-56 gallery and I encourage all of you to help support a gallery that fully supports us as large format photographers.

I hope some of you can make it and I look forward to teaching this amazing process.

Thanks, Jim

M56 Gallery
    3764 9th St, Riverside, California
    View Map · Get Directions

Re: Carbon Transfer Workshop

Jim, if I wasn't on the East Coast, I'd be there in a minute. After seeing Vaughn's show in Philadelphia a few weeks ago, I'm very impressed with this process and the skill required to execute it well. I'm sure your workshop will fill up incredibly quickly and wish you the best.

Leo

Leo, thanks. Vaughn was my mentor/teacherand I learned the process from him. I hope people take advantage of this specially priced workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by 36cm2 View Post
    Jim, if I wasn't on the East Coast, I'd be there in a minute. After seeing Vaughn's show in Philadelphia a few weeks ago, I'm very impressed with this process and the skill required to execute it well. I'm sure your workshop will fill up incredibly quickly and wish you the best.

Leo
    If you are looking for a carbon transfer work shop on the East Coast you might consider the one I am scheduled to do in Toronto in early May.

http://defendthedarkroom.ca/

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Leo, I would highly recommend taking Sandy's workshop.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

This is such a great deal to learn the most beautiful photographic process on earth . You will have a chance to see and hold the true 3D image totally analog .

Seeing is Believing!
    If you like..
    One of a kind print
    Hand Made print
    3 D print
    B&W Print

Then this workshop is for you! Sign Up now !
    Jim, Have fun with the worshop, I will try my best to drop by, thanks for the invite.

***The benefit for this workshop : The Student will learn the secret of making highest relief hand made tissue, Chinese ancient secret tone recipe . Am I right Jim?

Ah, I wish I was't on the other side of the planet.. I'm still fighting with precious time to follow the "online" workshop...
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Sandy, you've clearly got some great things going on up there at defendthedarkroom!!! That Steve Sherman workshop looks awesome as well. I'll keep an eye on your offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    If you are looking for a carbon transfer work shop on the East Coast you might consider the one I am scheduled to do in Toronto in early May.

http://defendthedarkroom.ca/

Sandy

This will be a fun time and a printmaker/painter/sculpture show will be hanging during this workshop.

We're also located a half block from the UCR Museum of Photography
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Jim, I hope you get a bunch of students. I'm sure the attendees will get their money's worth being taught by a devoted disciple of the carbon process! It's also nice to help support Matt's efforts with his gallery. I'll have to visit some time.
    Erik