Thread: 8x10 sheet film

8x10 sheet film

Hi all

Probably a question you've been asked a million times – does anyone know of a reasonable source of 8x10 b/w film these days? Ebay sellers seem to command silly prices. I know it's a commodity getting rarer by the day, but wondered if anyone knew of any sources with any stock at a decent price. Not fussed about make, just something reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 8x10 sheet film

B&H, Adorama and Freestyle are the usual suspects and there are many more out there. The internet is your friend! Black & White film in 8x10 format, at least Ilford brand is still abundant. Prices are inching up though, so get it now rather than later...

X-Ray film is an inexpensive option that many people use, but I have no experience there.

Have you tried http://www.macodirect.de/index.php or http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/ ? They do not have a lot of different films, but I think their prices are alright.
    Last edited by victorknotzel; 21-Mar-2013 at 11:29. Reason: forgot the a in "have", hurray!
    Victor Knötzel - http://victorknotzel.com

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=2211

are starting to stock foma film which is good in price and quality

Quote Originally Posted by Paramount bokeh View Post
    Hi all

Probably a question you've been asked a million times – does anyone know of a reasonable source of 8x10 b/w film these days? Ebay sellers seem to command silly prices. I know it's a commodity getting rarer by the day, but wondered if anyone knew of any sources with any stock at a decent price. Not fussed about make, just something reasonable.

Thanks in advance.
    R u kidding?

If you're in the US, Arista.edu Ultra is about as cheap as it comes for panchro unless you can find chinese imported stuff. For ortho, x-ray film is ridiculously cheap.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Consulting the pineal gland

Adorama, Freestyle, Calumet even.
    If you want cheaper film consider ortho lith souped in diluted dektol.

A common approach which was begun by an article in Modern Photography in the 1940's, and is better done with film developers.
    Use a diluted film developer. Paper developers by their nature are more active than film developers. If you want to prove this, try developing paper in a film developer.
    D-76 diluted 1+5 OR 1+7 works pretty well with lith film.
    Last edited by Jim Noel; 3-Apr-2013 at 09:53. Reason: left out words

Yeah, x-ray film is cheap but certainly takes some getting used to. Arista .EDU, if you don't have to deal with reciprocity, is certainly reasonable. Ilford from Badger Graphic gets the action when critical work and/or speed is needed (just under $100 for 25 sheets.)
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White