Thread: Looking for some help

Question Looking for some help

Not sure i this is the right place, so I apologize if it's misplaced.

I have book style holders made by W. Allen. The slides are hinged in the middle, and are held together by what looks like a cloth (canvas?) tape. There is a light leak on one of them, I am wondering if black spray paint would be sufficient to seal the leak or if there is something that would work better.

Re: Looking for some help

Liquid electric tape from just about any hardware store should be much better than spray paint as long as there are no clearance issues.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Never heard of that. Sounds like it would work better being thicker. There is a good amount of clearance. I do want to ask though, what is the purpose of the hinge point? I don't see any practical use for it.

The hinge (there are many different designs) is so that the dark slide doesn't stick out from the camera and act as a sail in windy condition, but can be bent forwards. Tambour darkslides, which use the same flexible joint system throughout, don't stick out - but slide around the back - a genial system.

Lenser, got some liquid electrical tape from Lowe's today, and it worked amazingly. This is exactly what I was looking for and can't believe I've never heard of this stuff before.

I first heard about it on this site as well. Amazing amount of information that comes across here. I'm glad it was that easy a fix.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg