Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Night Shots!

Re: Show Me Your Night Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Nice composition and great exposure
    Martin
    I was a bit concerned about the fomapan awful reciprocity failure, but the negative tuned out very fine.

I really like the spinning tree / ferris wheel.

Here's two shots from Atlanta's iconic Jackson Street Bridge, over the recently renamed "John Lewis" Freedom Parkway. Super quick DSLR scans while they were still wet, I'm impatient! Shot 10 color sheets here too including some Cinestill 800! Those have to wait.

Linhof Master Technika, Schneider 90mm f/5.6 XL wide-open and tilted, T-Max 100 shot for 2 minutes and dev'd in Pyrocat 1:1:100 for 20 minutes at 75F, semi-stand:

And this one with a Nikkor-W 135mm f/5.6. That's a helicopter coming in over the city on the upper left. I was really hoping I caught it coming all the way across as he turned north but sadly I didn't. This was a 5 mminute shot at f/13:

PS: I totally forgot my meter in the car but luckily I had a screenshot of a Michael Kenna exposure guide for night exposures and calculated back from that, then doubled it for good measure.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Cinestill 800 Sheet Film?

Yes. From their Indiegogo years ago. Been meaning to shoot it for a long time but never knew what I wanted to do with it.

Results time! First, a shot from the Cinestill 800T negative, dev'd in C-41:

Results were good, which is nice since this film is a bit old now. I like the colors on the foreground but the sky was a bit too electric blue.

Now here is a shot done with some plain ol' Fuji 160S:

Foreground is a bit more reddish from the daylight color balance, but I like the sky more. An interesting comparison. Still not sure what to use this 800T on, but I do know this is the single batch they ever seemed to have made in 4x5. Too bad that. I have a hard time shooting film when it's irreplaceable. My own paralysis of analysis. I think most of what I've seen online from 800T is cityscapes like this. Or weird portraits I really don't like. Hmm...

Haven't shot colour in a while now, so I thought I'd try a couple at my usual spot in Shanghai with Provia 100F. The dynamic range is actually quite impressive given what I've read online about slide film, it stands up to scrutiny perfectly and even allows some heavy handed editing in PS if needed.

Image was shot on my Alpinist X at 240mm on Provia 100F 8x10 sheet film then home developed and scanned on a flatbed.

Shanghai Bund Pudong CBD Scan 0004 - 19-Feb-2021 by BB, on Flickr

amiens rdp by renaud henry, sur Flickr

Intrepid MK4
    Fujinon 180 f 5.6 nsw
    Provia 100f expired 2005
    45sec@f22

Corran, your B&W night shots are just wonderful !!

Thanks Francis!

This took me a few nights to do. Wanted to try capturing the entire constellation in one sheet of film. Couldn't quite fit but it was hard to see the ground glass.

Ursa Major
    Linhof MT 4x5, 150mm f/2.8 Xenotar, on SkyWatcher EQ6-R Pro, autoguided using PHD2 software using a guide scope and ZWO camera
    T-Max 100, exposed for 1 hour 30 minutes at f/2.8 and developed semi-stand for 30 minutes in Pyrocat 1:1:100
    Lines added in Photoshop, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I really like the spinning tree / ferris wheel.

Here's two shots from Atlanta's iconic Jackson Street Bridge, over the recently renamed "John Lewis" Freedom Parkway. Super quick DSLR scans while they were still wet, I'm impatient! Shot 10 color sheets here too including some Cinestill 800! Those have to wait.

Linhof Master Technika, Schneider 90mm f/5.6 XL wide-open and tilted, T-Max 100 shot for 2 minutes and dev'd in Pyrocat 1:1:100 for 20 minutes at 75F, semi-stand:

And this one with a Nikkor-W 135mm f/5.6. That's a helicopter coming in over the city on the upper left. I was really hoping I caught it coming all the way across as he turned north but sadly I didn't. This was a 5 mminute shot at f/13:

PS: I totally forgot my meter in the car but luckily I had a screenshot of a Michael Kenna exposure guide for night exposures and calculated back from that, then doubled it for good measure.
    Great shots Corran !
    One question - could you indicate me where you got M. Kenna guide ?